Tuesday, June 27, 2006

SURPRISE BLESSINGS!

Some things are just HUGE in your life and make such a difference, but others just couldn't begin to understand right?

I taught pre-k for 6 years and though it was at 2 different locations, had great rooms both times. I had bathrooms actually in my room, sinks and huge closets both times. When you teach, especially little kids, you tend to have ALOT of stuff. You save stuff, pack-rat stuff and use stuff! Pre-K also runs for 6.5 hours a day though, with 20 kids...you need alot of room. (and stuff~)

Two years ago I knew it was time to move on. My entire goal had been to teach 1/2 a day preschool, at a church eventually. (When I had kids was the plan) I knew the time had come though, all signs (and there were many) led me to where I am now. (McEachern Methodist Preschool) It's a huge ole miracle how I got the job. You know what...it's my dang blog....I can ramble and share if I want too....so here's a side story about how I got it.

-----Our center had been bought out by a man that I'd worked at before and I totally disagreed with his work policies in dealing with children. I knew that I had to leave. I prayed really hard for a sign (yep, I need those) and God sent me a huge one. Some things happened there that only led to one thing, I couldn't stand by and work at a place like this anymore. At the end of the school year, I packed my bags so to speak. (Actually it was TONS of boxes) I spent the summer keeping a few kids and putting in applications at neighboring churches. I had some serious connections at some of these preschools, but there's only so much you can do.. if there isn't an opening, there isn't an opening. The summer drug on and no one had openings...I prayed harder and got more nervous. What were we gonna do without me making any money. Andy paid the bills, but I supply serious fun/travel/shopping/eat out/have a life money! Yikes! I called to check with these preschools often, still nothing. I prayed and cried. Andy said, "It'll work out, don't worry". It's the end of July now, don't worry? So I finally do the right thing and pray that I'm giving it all totally to God. I can't fix this, please do what's right and I'm done worrying. Know what??? The next day, yep...the next....I got a call from where I work now. She said she hoped I was still free, there was an opening. I was thrilled! (It was where I wanted to teach the most) Later that day, another call...(my old church) Monica, we have ann opening perfect for you. Wait there's more.....because there was a 3rd place that called as well, come on girl, we have a place. I talked to all three places. I prayed again, thanking God for not only coming through for me, but in a BIG way. Now I got to pick where I wanted to be. God didn't just open up a job for me, but blessed me in letting me make my own decision. I just needed to give it up to him. So.... I picked McEachern and have been blessed and thrilled ever since!!**

I love where I teach!! The people are amazing, the environment is peaceful, fun loving, safe, positive, perfect! My boss is heaven sent for sure! The other teachers are fantastic and have become my friends. My assistant is my friend and I adore her. It's just all too good to be true. God is awesome! My room is fine, I love it..it's mine. I'm only there 3 hours a day, four days a week with kids. And...only 12 kids! But... it was smaller than I was use to.

I have been drooling over Kim's room for 2 years. I love Kim though, she's my best friend up there I guess. She's alot like me and I adore her. I talked to her a few days ago, she's leaving. Bigger fish to fry so to speak, she's been there forever and something else came up that works with her life, a blessing she's hoped for. But....her room is going to be used for music....I've begged for that room for 2 years, but....it has another purpose now. I'm sad, disappointed, but what can ya do? Fine, it wasn't meant to be....I've even thought myself of going back to pre-k. Man, I miss that money! I could just go back for a year and do so much...but leave McEachern? I would be miserable and I know I am where God wants me to be. I get a call this morning ... from my boss... (be patient and God will bless you)

... I get the room! The big honkin' room!! The room that's about 2-3 times bigger than mine. The room with a sink and a mini fridge. The room with extra bulletin boards. The room that all my stuff will fit into and then some. I get the BIG room!!!! I can spread out, bring more of my stuff and leave it there. (opposed to carrying it back and forth like a pack mule) I'm so excited. It's meant to be. I'm staying forever! I'll die and be buried beneath "the big room" there! Yay for me!! Yay for the kids who'll have room to do their thing, Yay for extra centers that I can spread out, Yay for personal space, Yay for making my life easier! Yay for me! Yay for me!!

~~~THIS IS HUGE!!~~~

2 comments:

Amber said...

Have fun decorating!

Unknown said...

Congrats Monica!! :)