Sunday, June 25, 2006



Trading Cars:

Why is it that some decisions freak me out and send me into a tizzy? Some things that should not be so difficult, I make huge!

Those of you who know me well, know about my trading cars. My Dad owned a car lot for almost 30 years for crying out loud. I grew up and even worked in the business. I had a new car every 6 months until I got married. Where I then..... kept up the tradition with both of us trading at least every 2 years! So, what's the big deal, right?

WRONG- I spent hours (way too many) crying (yes, lots of real tears) over getting rid of my bug. (Whom I had come to call Herbie) Maybe that's the problem, you name something and then it becomes a bigger part of your life?! I don't know, I acted nuts though... this I know! I had Andy worried to death. Why was I crying over something that should be fun? It should be a good day, right? Geesh-

There's a blog topic somewhere that I pretty much dedicated to him, with pictures. But...to refresh your memory. I'd wanted a bug since they started talking YEARS AGO about making beetles again. I waited a long time to own one of those suckers! It was alot of fun!!! It went really (too) fast, windows down, sunroof opened and music up loud...it was great! I went on a few road trips in it by myself. (to Kentucky & Jekyll Island to visit Andy ) It was adorable, I got tons of comments on it, I loved it! It was far from perfect though....it had a few issues that had to be taken care of over the years, it got a ding in the door in a parking lot a few months back, it wasn't as good on gas as a tiny car should be and talk about going shopping in that little booger- Well, it was time to let it go.....

We'd found this fantastic deal.... 2003 Dodge Durango with LOW miles (31,000), soft tan leather seats (both power & heated), all sorts of garage door opening & gas mileage calculating gadgets, 3rd row seat, perfect inside & out, running boards and a big ole honkin' towing package. (that tows more than Andy's last truck did) *We haven't camped in a year and a half. Andy traveled last year and this year he traded the truck. We've had the camper, with nothing to haul it with!* The price and trade was too good to pass up!! I knew this and wanted to trade!

Yet, I spent yesterday crying.....all day..... I kid you not.....

I am now however; the proud owner of a 2003 Durango. It's super nice, loaded! It drives great, I like being "the big one" again. (I drove SUV's for about 8 years before trading for the bug) I like it alot and know that very soon down the road when ........

-We have room to pack for trips again!
-I can go buy more than one bag of groceries at a time-
-The wee one has room to spread out when we're out on adventures-
-Our family & friends are all piled in because we have more than enough room
-Someday (Lord willing) we have a baby Tanner and actual room for him or her
-We're headed to the campground for a week of fun on the lake or in the mountains
-The big girls (2 labs) are in the back licking the windows...

.....that I will be able to smile and say that I love my new vehicle!


6 comments:

Terry said...

Nice truck MOnica, you will love it!!! Welcome to the SUV group!!!!

monica said...

Thank you~ I feel like I'm back home again. ha ha ha... It was wild when I got the bug b/c I was use to SUVs and Andy had a truck, my Mom had a mini Van, Dad's always had 2 trucks.....Now Mom has Pacifica, Andy has the car & I'd had a car..going back UP again...is kinda odd, but nice!

Traci said...

Bye Bye Herbie....:(

Just kidding. I hope you enjoy it!!

monica said...

I outta kick your butt for that! ~ New tires are coming with the deal too, getting them put on Wednesday. They are $195 a piece, so it's a pretty big deal!

Amber said...

Ahhhhh - I'm bummed you got rid of Herbie. :0( But I'm glad you like your new SUV.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new car Monica!! Looks good! :)