Friday, December 26, 2008

We wait, plan, shop, decorate......
and it's over so fast!


We had a wonderful Christmas and hope you did too! I do know that I "hurried" it along some as I continue to look forward to what next Christmas will be like.

Christmas Eve Breakfast @ Mike & Faye's, one of my brother & sister in laws house. It's always a great morning to hang out and spend time together, Mike & Faye are both yummy cooks too!!


Before we headed to my parents house, we stopped for a picture in front of the tree. I still didn't have a part to my tripod at this point (Santa brought me a brand new tripod though) and we had to work on getting a shot of us both. Of course Gizmo gets in too....



Later we headed to my parents house to go out to eat with them, Longhorns was yummy. Before we left their house though, another photo opportunity. Again, it was quite complicated without a tripod. We aren't in the "best pose", but it worked. Man, my face is looking quite large in this one. Yowie- Thanks Lindsey for letting me borrow all the clothes, they are coming in quite handy and seem to fit more each week......



Christmas morning is always one of my favorite times to just "be" at our house! Santa comes, we look at our goodies, Andy makes breakfast, then we hang out and "play" with our new stuff. Santa visits Andy at the living room tree (the night before) and me at the dining room tree (early that morning) and we are such big kids!! We are working on a plan for next year~ ... and I consider it quite brave to put a picture up of myself up here, without make up, straight out of bed, that's a brave (or crazy) thing to do my friends......



Santa visits Andy and leaves: Wii Fit (thank you my little elf for helping), a floating golf mat thingy for the pool (it's sooo cool), a book, a few movies, Wii Sports Party, a running shirt, a watch, a CD and variety of stocking goodies.

Santa visits me and leaves: a silver charm bracelet with 2 new charms (not in the picture), a tripod, a new UNO game, a calendar, a planner, a baby book, "Horton Hears a Who", "WallE", an ornament that is a digital photo frame (so neat) for baby pictures, Wii Chicken Shoot, Play Doh (b/c I play with it in the car) and stocking goodies! My favorite part is always my letter from Santa, so much fun!!




We played games and watched the Disney Christmas Parade all morning. We examined our goodies and went to my parents house for sandwiches about 1:30. It's the last year we are leaving our house and I can't wait until next year when everyone has to come our way to see what Santa brings the munchkin (or munchkins we hope and pray). We all went down to visit my Grand Mother for a little while together. Then we returned home for a nice long nap, watching a movie, followed by a late night of Wii Playing!! (Andy got tons of games from my parents too, so we had a lot of games to examine!)

We really had a wonderful Christmas season and CAN NOT WAIT until next year!!! For now though, it's over. Time to start stacking up the piles of stuff, finding new ways to organize and consider taking down decorations. It always seem so sad and empty when the trees are gone, I'd leave 'em up all year if I could.

We have big things to look forward to in the new year with a sonogram January 6th when we find out if he's a he or she's a she!! Then we are taking our last "just us" Disney trip, January 12-18th and we are so excited about that. It will be so much fun to enjoy our "us" time and know that our next trip will be to show our favorite place to our favorite new little person. (or persons!) Big things await the Tanner family!!


4 comments:

Amber said...

Yes - those little Mickey and Minnie snowmen on my blog are plushes. And, yes, they are adorable!!!

I got those those cuties in plush form and in Christmas ornament form (from Jonathan!)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like yall had a wonderful Christmas! You look like a doll in the pictures! I am so glad you are able to wear some of the shirts! I know when I was pregnant I was always complaining about not having enough clothes to wear! I CANNOT WAIT TO FIND OUT THE SEX OF BABY TANNER! I am gonna sew baby tanner all kinds of goodies! CANT WAIT!

Anonymous said...

Hi Monica,

I wanted to tell you how excited I am for you! I found your blog through our adoption agency as we have been anxiously waiting to be chosen. After looking and reading through your blog, I realized that we went to the same high school and graduated the same year. I do not believe we even knew each other and even spoke for that matter. I wish you and your family the best in 2009!

Kristy said...

Hey Monica! Looks like a great Christmas!! :) I am still so excited for you and can't wait to find out the sex of your little one!! :) I'll be anxiously stalking your blog...hehe! :)

Hope all is well!!!!!
Kristy