Tuesday, December 02, 2008


The Simple Woman's Daybook:

My friend Lindsey (you can find her link on the right there) has found and is following this neat blogger stranger/friend's daily journaling ideas. She gives writing prompts for you to journal about daily. (I think it's daily) Anyway, I think it's kinda neat. I am not going to follow them daily, but from time to time it'll be fun. There are so many times when, strange because I like to ramble on and on, I can't think of a thing to ramble about. So.... click on the picture below if you'd like to read more about the original blogger stranger/friend. The picture is a link to her blog. Here goes......





December 2nd: 2008


Outside my window... I am happy to see the sun out again, the trees are blowing and I see the leaves have piled up on the back porch again.

I am thinking... that someone today asked me if I had children. I said "no, not yet." (Though Aimee it was a Grandpa who was visiting my room and looking at pics on my wall. He said he was about to tell me how beautiful my daughter was, he was looking at Layla. I told him she wasn't mine, but I'd claim her and she had my heart!) It took me a minute to remember to say "oh, but we are expecting!" My friend Dawn said "I wondered when you were going to say that". It seems so funny that for so long I have been use to saying that we don't have kids or that we are waiting to adopt. I forget to say that we are waiting to adopt AND I am due in June!! How can I "forget" something that occupies my thoughts all day, every day! (and most hours of the night too!) Crazy when I got caught off guard that I didn't even mention it for a second.

I am thankful for... feeling so much better today. Yesterday wasn't a "good day" on the feel good scale.

From the kitchen... I am surely wondering what is going to come out of there tonight (it'd take a miracle) or if Andy is going to have to pick something up.

I am wearing... my "play" clothes. Brown stretchy comfy pants, an Army National Guard long sleeve t-shirt and pink Tinker Bell bedroom shoes. (Shout out to Teresa!)

I am creating... oh goodness. To be someone who loves crafts so much, I seem to have lost all motivation. I have an old scrapbook half done, a travel scrapbook ready to go and waiting (though stopped), I have two afghans that I am crocheting (both stopped), I have a digital scrapbook that is paused, I have some things I want to cross stitch and can't get the energy. I can say that we are crafting like crazy at preschool though!! A regular Christmas workshop!!

I am going... to Disney World in January and am so excited!! We're taking our little one to visit our favorite place, even before he or she arrives! Sounds just like us huh?

I am reading... "Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy" and "Second Glance" by Jodi Picoult (my 11th book by her in the past 5ish months or so.

I am hoping... that I can find in a store what Andy has finally decided he wants for Christmas!

I am hearing... Gizmo snoring and a Christmas movie "The Christmas List" that I DVRd on the ABC Family channel. (and is now turning out to be one I don't really like)

Around the house... I think that this may be the first year I am not decorating the kitchen and our bedroom. I think I've done all I can. I decorate everything that stands still!

One of my favorite things... is at night now when only the two Christmas trees & lights on the banister are enough light to watch TV and give our house that warm Christmas glow. I LOVE it and with a fire too, pure Heavenly!!



A few plans for the rest of the week: the bank, Christmas shopping to get a few more things off the list, clean bathrooms (why do they have to get dirty week after week), work on the laundry pile, consider my official Christmas card plan and consider that list of crafts I listed above.

Here is picture thought I am sharing... it's my dining room tree. I love it! It's the tree that has a "theme". Everything is green and/or red, it's very very country! It has red "berry" garland, pine cones stuck here and there and I can't stop buying things for it when I find something. It is in need of more wrapped presents under it though! (The one that is wrapped and there is for Mr. Trey!!) I haven't gotten the train out yet that Grand Daddy gave me either.

I'm also very unhappy that I have just lights on the rail and stairs all the way down. My garland from the last few years finally met it's day and had to be trashed last year. It was green and I put white lights and red berry garland on it too. I want some new garland really bad, but it'll have to wait until after Christmas sales I hope!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soo excited you decided to join in on the fun! I will probably only follow the prompts at ramdom as well! I have never been great at keeping up with something like that. I love love love your Christmas tree! It is so cute!

I am photographing a family in Douglasville this weekend. I am soo excited! Let me know if you want me to help take some maternity shots of you and your hubby!

Amber said...

Your blog keeps fooling me with all the background changes. This one is cute!