Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Very Special Bear



Most of you have heard me already ramble about my doctor's visit yesterday. What can I say? It was such a relief to hear that little heartbeat and have the doctor say that I was having "a textbook pregnancy".

I have spent the last 8 weeks since seeing & hearing that little heartbeat (@ a 6 wk ultrasound) worried to death about hearing it again. Yesterday, to our sheer delight and answers to many prayers, the second the "microphone" touched my tummy our little one's heartbeat was loud, clear, strong and I dare say happy! Andy was there to hear it with me and I think he was in utter disbelief at how amazing it all is. Hearing and seeing for yourself just can't be put into words! (as many of you know)

I didn't see "my" doctor yesterday, but another from the practice. As much as I adore my doctor, and I really really do, I dare say I loved this one just as much. (if not more) Which is exciting! He was/is wonderful! He knows first hand the feelings of taking many years to get pregnant. He has experienced being a parent biologically and through adoption. He's "been in our shoes" so to speak and really understood my crazy anxiety more than others might. It made me feel fantastic!!

He was excited with us as we shared that we are continuing in our adoption journey as well as with this pregnancy. We're just waiting for God to send us our little blessings both ways!! We hope daily our phone will ring from a birthmom who has chosen us!!!! Our excitement for adoption and our huge desire to adopt is absolutely no less great than it was last December when we made our official decision!! This pregnancy is such a huge surprise blessing and our desire to have little ones grow up together is overwhelming!!

Our niece, Aimee, told me about this fantastic idea about a build-a-bear. I went there a few weeks ago and purchased an "un-stuffed" bear and a recorder do hickey where you record your voice, message, whatever. I took the little recorder yesterday to the doctor visit with us. When we heard that little happy heartbeat, I recorded it on the do hickey. Then we went to the mall and put it in the bear's paw and stuffed the little bear! Now all we have to do is squeeze his little paw and hear that happy heartbeat anytime we want!! It gives me the complete warm fuzzies and I (pathetically) admit to not being able to let him out of my sight!

We know that "every good and perfect gift is from above" (James 1:7) and we can't wait to continue to get to know this little one! We look forward to being parents in any way God chooses to bless us. Who knows how many little ones we'll have at the Tanner house next Christmas?! We couldn't be any more excited!!

We look forward to January 6th when we get to go back and find out if he's a he or she's a she!!

3 comments:

Terry said...

Monica i really love that bear idea, what a soothing thing for you. I can only imagine you clingling to that little guy too, I'd be haulin it all around with me!

misty said...

Dang Monica! Not only am I in tears after reading this, but I even feel slightly sad that I can't have any more babies! Nuts! I can't keep up with the three I have, but suddenly my heart ached with the "what if we'd had one more" desire.

Oh well, those days are behind me, but I can't wait to hold your precious little ones. The whole bunch of them! I was at Walmart today and saw that Brad and Angelina are expecting AGAIN. It made me think of you guys and the potential for a houseful of Tanner's next year!

Love you guys bunches and I am absolutely thrilled beyond measure that Little T's heart sounds so perfect!

Anonymous said...

I seriously cannot wait to hear the sex of baby Tanner!! I love the baby bear! Such a sweet idea!

Oh...did you know you could go online and rent a doppler like the one the doctor uses? It is a little pricey but you can hear the heart beat any time you want!

I sure hope some of the clothes worked for you!