Sunday, December 14, 2008

Surprise in the mail

Okee dokee, I love a good surprise! Especially the kind you aren't expecting that just show up and in the mail, even better!!!!!!!! So I was shocked yesterday when this little package arrived for me with an adorable maternity shirt! I love it!! It's perfect, fits good now with room to grow! I wore it to church this morning!

The fact that I don't know who it's from is cracking me up. I have racked my brain to no end trying to figure out who we know in Virginia. I've searched through my Facebook friends trying to find someone from Virginia. I've reversed address searched the address on the package, to no avail. So.... who are you? I'd love to personally thank you! If you aren't going to confess, then accept my public "You're so sweet, that was a great surprsie! I love it and thank you!"

Here I am, 14 weeks & 6 days preggo. Just 1 pound gained, but sure feels like more! I'm wearing only maternity pants & jeans, quickly outgrowing my PJs! I'm having an issue with shirts: too big for my own, but not big enough for maternity that are usually huge at the bottom. Strange stage.... My friend Amy said "oh yeah... fun stuff, you're not looking pregnant and people just say ... hey she sure is getting fat" Mom & I went shopping for clothes Thanksgiving week, I've bought a few things on Ebay and borrowed some too! (Thanks to Aimee for my 1st pair of life saving preggo jeans & Lindsey for a bag full of things I can't wait to wear! Yes, they fit!!!)


Another mail surprise from a few months back.....

Just for the record, Terry- Andy thought the shirt was from you! He said you probably stopped and mailed it on your way to Florida just to trip me up. I assured him yall weren't headed to Florida this week and that you would have mailed from home.

For those of you who don't know my funny friend Terry, this is what she sent me right after she found out I was pregnant. Matter of fact she was one of the first to know about it and about our adoption plans, she's always around when I'm dying to spill my guts though not telling "everyone" yet.


4 comments:

aimee said...

I am very interested in who sent you that shirt. Stuff like that drives me CRAZY!!!!! I am glad it didn't happen to me. I wouldn't be able to handle the suspense. It is a really pretty shirt.

I remember telling Ruthie once that I wished they made shirts that said "Not Fat. Pregnant."

misty said...

I can honestly say that I haven't been in the state of Virginia since 1998. So, not me!

It is an adorable shirt though. Sorry I don't have any maternity clothes left, but circa 1994 thrift store finds really aren't in style right now! I did have a super cute pair of brown corduroy overalls that I absolutely loved. Those things cost me $80, but they were the one splurge I made and I wore them during all three pregnancies.

Wendy said...

Hi Monica,
I am a friend of Aimee's and just wanted to say you are glowing!! We have prayed for you guys and are SO happy to hear you are pregnant!! You look fantastic!

Terry said...

Tell Andy I'd love to take the shirt credit, but alas I havent been to Virginia lately!!! Very cute shirt though. Glad you enjoyed the pickles!!! hehehe