Sunday, August 24, 2008

Summer Ends and a New School Year Begins

So here it is, the night before our official first day of school. Where did the summer go? As a preschool teacher we get out of school in May and the summer stretches out before us like a big open wilderness to explore. A wilderness of sun and fun, lake trips, swimming with family, lunch with friends, projects & reorganizing, organizing for school, working in the nursery, networking like crazy, movies and laziness! The summer seems so long in the beginning, but as always is over way too soon!

I love fall, it's my favorite time of year. I love scho
ol starting back, meeting my new little friends and learning about their personalities. I love the crisp mornings, beautiful colors in the trees, pumpkins and scarecrows, festivals and the arrival of the fair. I love "harvest" smelling candles, football season and leaving the windows open for a cool breeze. As much as I love those things, it's truly bittersweet to say goodbye to summer. I look forward to at least one more afternoon trip to the lake, the lingering tan and a few more weeks of shorts & flip flops.

Last week was preplanning for us at preschool. I'm not sure how I worked a few weeks at the end of summer and still wound up with so much left to do. Crazy how that happens. Still, it was exciting. Ms. Dawn & I got our room ready, we met the fantastic group of parents (8 returning sets) and then welcomed our new little friends to Open House last Friday. It's so much fun to see the excitement on their faces and know what kind of adventures await them. They are such babies when they walk in our doors tomorrow and in just 9 short months they seem to grow up so fast! Here's a little peek into our classroom, just waiting on new friends to explore in the morning!!




1 comments:

Kristy said...

Hey Monica! Kenna started preschool last week (3 year olds 3 days a week class). She is loving it so far! I always think of you...wish we lived closer so you could be the girls' teacher. :) Kenna did get a wonderful teacher who has been doing preschool for a long time. She has already done some cute, creative things. And, her assistant is her own daughter and guess what?!?! They are scrapbookers...so, it looks like we might be getting a scrapbook at the end of the year! Woohoo! The only thing they had on their wish list was "Wal-mart gift cards for film developing" and "seasonal stickers"!! :) You know this made me very happy!!!! :)

Hope all is well...praying for you guys!