Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Every good and perfect gift is from above" James 1:17

That bible verse has been on my mind constantly lately as we prepare our home and hearts to be parents. (Hopefully sooner rather than later, but all in God's perfect timing we know) We think about this verse with the "big things" in life. I'm thankful God gave me the most amazing Godly, designed just for me, handsome, hilarious, big kid, husband. I'm thankful for the gifts of my fantastic parents and family, a home that I love, a job that really isn't a job at all, but a passion . Sometimes though, like today, I have to stop and remember to thank God for the little things too. It's the first day we've seen the sun around here in the past 4 days. I drove to work praying for my preschool babies and thanking God for sending us this gorgeous day!! I came home this afternoon to find our lantana (butterfly) bushes absolutely, postively, filled to the brim with butterflies. They are out there all the time, but today it is covered up! Amazing!! The bushes are out of control and the 6ish little plants have grown into one massive bundle and are now WAY taller than I am! They grow like wildfire and we love them. Anyway... The butterflies were enough to make me stop in my tracks, grab my camera and thank God for his blessings. The small ones as well as the big ones!!







1 comments:

Debie Napoleon said...

Wow, those pictures are beautiful. I too, would be thankful to come home to that beauty.