Sunday, September 02, 2007

Welcome to my town!


I have a new camera (that I am SO proud of) and decided to take it out yesterday for a spin. I had a local waterfall in mind, but that didn't work out (I'll go back) so I decided to head downtown instead. So, here it is in all it's glory.

This is Dallas, Georgia. We moved here when we got married 8 years ago. It's the next door neighbor to the town we grew up in, Powder Springs. Hope you enjoy the tour!





City Hall
(one building of it anyway. The one I've actually been in
for tags, tax stuff, etc... is across the street & not
as pretty.)




The local pharmacy. There is a pharmacy similar in Powder Springs, my parents use it. (It's called Cooper's) They know you by name and even make deliveries.


A look downtown. There are a few places to eat, the old theater where things are held occasionally, several antique shops, a tattoo place and a new "girly" store with cutsie
stuff and they have parties for little girls.



Sign left from the morning's farmer's market.
Powder Springs (our neighboring town where we grew up:
where we go to church, my parents live & I work) also
has a farmer's market downtown on Thursdays mornings.




Water fountain downtown on the square.


The history of Paulding County, posted at city hall.
There you have it in all it's glory.


First Baptist Church of Dallas
(It burned a couple of years ago and has only been totally back up and running in their new building for a few months. It's beautiful and looks almost identical to the old building.)



0 comments: