Tuesday, September 04, 2007

August Reading

August ends with me reading only 9 books, that's surely down from the previous summer months. That's a grand total of 48 books worth of summer reading!! What a summer. August was busy & obviously I started seriously getting ready for school and became busy, busy, busy. I guess my reading will continue to go slowly as school stays busy, I crochet a baby blanket or two, I return to cross stitching and life marches on.

My top 3:
(because the others were all trashy romance)

3) "Up Close & Personal" - Fern Michaels. She's always a super favorite author. Typically it's romance with a little mystery or suspense thrown in here and there.

2) "Savannah Comes UnDone" - Denise Hildreth. It's one of the series I started in July. My FAVORITE author of the summer!!! I will read her three books in the Savannah series again very soon!!

P. 9 "I couldn't have been more thankful than a 75 year old Southern woman on beauty shop day"

P. 47 "I'm going to stomp you into the pavement, you little sucker!" screamed the woman who was too ladylike to say butt only moments before...."

1) "Savannah From Savannah" - Denise Hildreth. The one that starts it all. I didn't read these in order and it didn't change my life. But... I'd recommend that you start, well.. at the beginning with this one.

P. 57 "I have never passed a bookstore without going inside; it's sacrilegious"

P. 315 "Why can't some people just leave well enough alone? Attack me, talk about my clothes, make cracks about my flip flops, I don't care; but for heaven's sake, when they talk about my mamma, they leave me no option."

P. 314 "In his heart a man plans his course, but God determines his steps."

0 comments: