Sunday, January 14, 2007

MGM

On Saturday we headed over to MGM, it has been about a year and a half since we've been over there and I was sooo excited! Ro
ckin' Roller coaster is closed for a refurb and that stinks, but... there are plenty of other things to do. We have been totally spoiled for the last 2 days with having NO LINES though (matter of fact our last 2 years worth of visits during "off times") and were in for a HUGE shock yesterday! MGM was... PACKED~ There were lines for everything, thankfully it was a beautiful day and that made everything ok! We slept LATE again and didn't even get over there until about 11:30. We had opted to skip breakfast and head straight to lunch when we got to the park.

After lunch (nothing exciting) we caught Muppet 3D and it was time for Lights, Motor, Action and we caught that as well. We enjoy that show, pretty good stuff. Indiana Jones (which I am tired of anyway) was closed for the day, we found out later why... stay tuned-

We could tell by just looking at the MAD HOUSE of people that we were going to have to pick and choose what we saw. We
did the walk through Walt's Dream museum thingy, I just love that movie at the end! We tried to walk through the Animation Studio and it was packed, over an hour wait so we decided to hold off. We got in line for the Great Movie ride...I haven't seen a real line for that thing in 10 years, at least. It was a 35 minute line, which turned into 45 by the time we got in there due to a technical issue. Ugh!! But... we really enjoy it, so tried to be patient.

We went to try to catch the BackLot tour, which also ended up being about a 35 minute wait. What can ya do? I tried several times to catch characters out, but lines were NUTTY so I finally gave it up. We did manage to make it to see Mater & Lightning when they came out for their last appearance of the day.

We tried to get near Tower of Terror to get in line or get a fast pass and it was impossible. There were no more fast passes and the line was about an hour and a half. I just can't hack a line that long. We figured .. we'll be back. They were already lined up outside Fantasmic in droves...it was about 5:00. We ended up making dinner reservations for Sci Fi (which we don't normally care for the food a whole lot, but we were hungry). The cheese dip was fantastic, the rest was ok-

We finally got in the Animation Studio that was TOTA
LLY different than when we'd went in there the last time. It had been closed on our last visit or two for refurb .. and now we know why! I enjoyed it alot, but was really really really sad to find out the animation movie wasn't at the end. That broke my heart, it's my favorite movie tribute!!! The interactive stuff is cute and we did Bambi with our voices, it was a hoot. Which we should have saved it! I'll have to remember to video tape it next time. Hilarious! We didn't do the drawing session, looked cute..but we needed to head over towards Sci Fi....



By the time we got out it was time to eat and off we went.
We knew that we'd miss Fantasmic by eating @ 6:15, but with that crowd...we figured we might as well give it up. After dinner we went in a few shops and I mentioned the nutty crowd. Come to find out... the cheerleading competition that was in the area (I'd heard about from my friend who is enroute right now to spend the upcoming week) was actually going on that very day @ the Indiana Jones theater. Well.... that would explain the hordes of teeny boppers around I guess?!








We had fun, despite the crowds.


Sunday
Our Last Full Day

We ate breakfast this morning and have been hanging outside watching people tee off for the last hour. Andy finally decided he couldn't take it and made a tee time, in just a few minutes...he's off. I decided that I'd just sit this one out. It would tie up everybody waiting on me and I hate playing anywhere near strangers, much less with them. I'm off to the pool with a good book or to Downtown Disney for some shopping. We are giong to grab a late lunch snack when Andy returns at either the Pop Century or Coronado, just to check them out. Then we have reservations for Hoop De Doo @ 9:30 tonight. I guess this is the last post before returning tomorrow. Man... it's over so fast- But... we're already talking about our return visit in March. (or maybe even February?! he he he)

3 comments:

Terry said...

you'll love hoop de doo monica. It's been a while since we've done it. Good food there too.

Terry said...

also.....I must get a pic w/mater!!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE SCI-FI!!!