Thursday, January 11, 2007










January 11
Animal Kingdom
(part 1)



Here is the view that we woke up too-
Pretty close to th
e tee box, huh?





We went down to the breakfast buffet (oh my heavens...) and then
returned to the room to find that Turkey Lurkey was
there waiting at our "back door". I was pretty sure he was about to come on in!! They have always been a group of them "below" us when we stayed here before, seems we are right here with them this time~ Funny~



We caught a bus and headed over to Animal Kingdom,
"Everest" was on ou
r first thing to do list!!




It is so much better than I could have ever imagined. (Did I mention that we waited in the standby line for all of 12 minutes, can you beat that? Even with fast pass??) I knew that it had rave reviews.
I've heard most of you rave about it...b
ut the only way to get it, is to experience it yourself. WHOLY MOLY, WOWIE ZOWIE!!
It rocks!!

What more can you say? Ride it for yourself-




After that we headed over to Dinoland and got shaken to death on a
dinosaur adventure. You forget just how wild that ride is until you get back on again, so much fun!! It makes me laug
h for some reason, I love it!




It was almost time for "Nemo" and I was very excited. I wasn't a fan of Tarzan Rocks and was thrilled to have a new show to replace it! The show is fantastic, very very very very well done!! I recommend it 100%~



On our way over to the Jungle Trek, we were side tracked with monkeys that we watched for a long, long time! I think I could have spent the day right there with those guys! They totally amaze me. I took so many pictures, you have no idea. But here... meet the family.
There was a proud Papa-




A jealous brother-




And a Mommy with her 4 month
old.




We learned that these guys are born a white color. B
y the time they are 1, they turn black. When the females are ready to start a family of their own, they turn white again. Crazy huh?


On our trek we saw a Tiger that was yawning & stretching and looked like he belonged in our living room floor beside Kitty Witty!!





Before we arrived in Africa, we ran into a bear that we know & love!!!


((random question: who remembers when the park first opened and people actually rode that boat in my first picture? why did they stop that? are there plans to do something with it again? there should be))

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yay for monkey pictures!!
And I love your purse you have in the picture of you on the bridge with Everest in the background! Cute!

monica said...

Thanks... see Vera Bradley purses rock! He he he---