Friday, January 12, 2007

Animal Kingdom
(part 2)

We ventured over to Africa and had a fantas
tic Safari!!
We saw a baby elephant-






a baby giraffe-




And then the big surprise...there was a white rhino, RIGHT beside the vehicle! I have never seen one so close, I thought they were aggressive? It was exciting!! I was on the "other" side and couldn't see him very well.
So....we got off and.....got right back on. Did I me
ntion there was no wait? We walked right through the line and right on....both times!!!





The 2nd time Mr.Rhino was gone, but the high
light was the lion. In all the trips there we have never seen more than the tops of the lions back while they both nap. (They nap 20 hours a day, imagine? I shoulda been a lion) But this time....we look up and Mr. Lion is walking in a circle, looking for a new position to lay down in. Our dog & cat do that and it was so fun to see him do the same thing. Of course I didn't have my camera ready for action, so I missed it. But here he is once he found that perfect spot again-




We headed over to the train to conservation st
ation......and I GOT TO SEE A TINY SECOND OF THE BRAND SPANKIN' NEW BABY WHITE RHINO. He was born on....Sunday I think? When we rode by the rhino barn, you could see him laying in the corner and his Mommy was over to the side! When we got over there, we saw more pictures of the new baby! Too cool.

We also met a few old friends, like Pocahontas.




And my favorite thing over there.....in all my 3
2 & 1/2 years of Disney trips I have NEVER EVER seen Jiminy Cricket, in person. I was soooo excited to see him there. There wasn't a soul around him. I wonder if kids know who he is these days? I was thrilled and chatted with him. The cast member took our photo and I didn't look until a little later that it was blurry. I almost cried!!!!! I was soooo upset and Andy wouldn't go back by then!! Ugh!!!! I sooooo hope they keep the classic guy around over there!





We headed back to catch A Bug's Life and saw a few minutes of the parade. It was funny, being so NOT crowded...you could have sat anywhere on the side walk for a front row view of t
he parade. I've never seen anything like it! We didn't really have time to spare, so we didn't sit down to watch. (Strange for me b/c I am such a parade addict, but it was ok) We wanted to see the "bugs" and we also wanted to catch Everest again. We ended up sitting down to call and make ressies for supper though...and ran outta time to catch Everest again before it closed @ 5:00. I guess it will be something to look forward to on our next visit there.


We ate @ Cape May Cafe @ 6:15 and it was fantastic. It is our 2nd trip over there to the Beach Club. It's our 2nd favorite restaraunt now, right after O'Hana. If you have never been, it's a must try!! It's an "O
ld Fashion American Clambake". There is are clams, mussels, corn on the cob and new taters on one side of the buffet. The other side has fried tilapia (so yummy), fries, bbq ribs, beef tips with mushrooms, mashed taters, mac n cheese, pasta, boiled shrimp and I can't remember what else. There is a salad bar and a kid's bar. (with pizza, corn dogs, mac n cheese, fries and chicken fingers) The food is a ton better than the typical "Disney buffets" that some of the parks and other resorts have!! Then there is a dessert buffet....wholy moly!! There's cheesecake, strawberry moose, cookies, key lime tarts, german chocolate cake bites and two of my FAVORITES are these oreo bon bons that are OUT OF THIS WORLD and then....Flan.... I am a flan addict these days!!

That was day 1 and we're headed to day 2-
(with a few changes to our plans already, imagine t
hat)


Oh oh oh oh.... I forgot about the animals at the 2nd jung
le trek over in Africa. We watched the gorillas awhile, the whole family was over by the glass and were too funny. One guy had a limb and was tempting his family with it. He'd lay it down and move back, they'd come close to it and then he'd grab it and run. Just like boy huh??




Then....the funny hippo! We laughed at this guy for a LONG time!! It was funny enough that he looks like he has a smile on his face! Look close, see it!!




Then Andy noticed that not only are little fishies all around him and he's laying there with his head propped on a rock, breathing out bubbles with a smile...which is all too cute...BUT.....his feet....look at them...his feet are NOT touching the bottom...they are floating off a bit. He's totally propped up by his head on that rock. Oh my gosh....it makes me
laugh out loud just to look at it now!!




What a day!!! I swear it was THE MOST fun!! I don't know if it's b/c we hadn't been to Animal Kingdom in almost 3 years...or if it was the excitement of a new ride....the great weather and no lines... we had the BEST time though!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kingmsmn67 said...

Great pictures...thanks for sharing.....and next time you're down here we'll have to meet up.....for longer then a few minutes

Amber said...

Man - you are meeting all the random characters! I've never seem Jiminity (sp?) either!!!