Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Last Day

On Sunday I ended up going to the pool for a few hours. It was 82 and gorgeous, the pool is heated too and super warm. (Not icky warm, just comfortable) I had the new James Patterson book and enjoyed my afternoon relaxing. I packed up some stuff *how sad* and was ready when Andy returned from his golf trip. He had a great time and made some new friends, he also said they were fantastic golfers.
(I think that mean
t..good thing you stayed behind)
I got a new WDW golf hat out of the deal, pretty sweet hubby!!

We left and headed over to the TTC (ticket & transportation center) to meet up with my friend Misty. (aka: partner in crime @ preschool) I was so excited to get to see her down there! Her family
had just arrived and were ready for a fun filled week.
(And I was
sooo sad that we couldn't stay a few days longer to play with them!!)
I guess ONE OF US has to be back with the kiddies.
(he he he..just kidding)
LOVE ya Misty~




After riding the monorail over to the Magi
c Kingdom with the Dolph family, we wished them tons of fun & said goodbye. Then we caught a boat over to the Grand Floridian...just to walk around. We had planned to sit on the dock there and watch the fireworks, but it was a little while off yet... so after walking around some....we hopped back on the monorail and headed over to the Contemporary. While there we walked around and shopped a little. That is still my favorite place! It's just "classic" to me! I love seeing the Magic Kingdom, being able to walk b/c it's so close, the monorail always going by, the excitement of Chef Mickey's, the lake with water sports going on, the water pageant at night, watching the fireworks from there and all the rest. I can't believe we were lucky enough to stay there twice and I will always want to go back!!! We stood on the balcony where all the shops are and watched "Wishes" from the Magic Kingdom...sooo cool, they even have the music going from the show over there, perfect!!

We headed out to the boat dock then, for a ride over to Fort Wilderness. While waiting on the boat we saw 2 boats full of people that had been out on a pirate fireworks trip, they looked like they had tons of fun and it's now on my list of adventures to try! We also ran into Andy's friend, Peter Pan. When we stayed there, we'd see Peter Pan out at night over there. I can't figure out why he hangs out at that resort, but it cracks me up. I swear that Andy is afraid of him!! He plays his part of "not growing up" very well .... that's the only way I can describe it to you. He was sitting down and talking with a little boy about pirates, Captain Hook and pretty girls. It was so cute. He found a little girl too and started asking her if she was a princess or a fairy, too cute!!! He carries a lantern around and talks about his shadow to people some too, interesting character...that Peter Pan.



We caught a boat and were off again. (Alot of transportation in a few hours, but we enjoy every minute of it honestly!) We were starving and ready for Hoop De Doo!! It is soo much fun!! I would 100% recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it before. The quality and quantity of food is fantastic!! We had salad,cast iron buckets of fried chicken & bbq ribs, a whole pan of corn bread, a bowl of both baked beans & corn on the cobb...plus the strawberry shortcake. WOWIE, you will NOT leave there hungry!! The food was MUCH better than we thought it would be as well. I'd had ribs at sci-fi the night before and these were 100 times better, yummy!! The fried chicken was "real" fried chicken too....oh man...it was so good!!




The show is really funny and keeps you on your toes. It's not a big blow out, huge production though...don't think that it is. There are 2 people who are the "band" and only 6 characters in the whole show, but it is fantastic!! The comedy is great and of course family friendly. We felt like it was a show we'd see in the mountains and couldn't love it more!! We also decided that we'd for sure go back over there and do the wagon hayride, that looked like fun and we always forget they have it over there. Maybe we'll do Mickey's backyard bbq too?!?!

Monday morning was just sad. That is all I can say. I even shed a few tears, can you believe that?? It was the first time in 2 years that we've left Disney property and he
aded home! We've been leaving there and heading for Port Canaveral and a cruise, we are SO spoiled... believe me, I know! It was going to be such another beautiful day and neither of us wanted to leave!

After breakfast we decided to get over to Coronado Springs for a visit. We'd planned on it for days and never made it. It's a HUGE re
sort and reminded us alot of Caribbean Beach (where we have stayed before) We liked Coronado though and it's for sure on our "must stay there" list!! We walked around the WHOLE area and did some shopping too!! Pretty place~

We'd wasted as much time as we could and decided that we had to get on home...I slept almost the ENTIRE way, so it didn't take very long. (I wasn't bored to death and begging to stop) We were home in 8 hours, on the nose.
(3 stops)
And here I sit...where it's dark, 39 degrees, with the heat on and looking foward to the next trip!!


0 comments: