Saturday, January 13, 2007


EPCOT
(part 2)

So, we headed back to EPCOT after a seafood buffet @ Shades of Green!
We made it back over there about 7:30 and after a nap and 4 hour park break, we were good to go!!

We rode "Nemo" again, it's just so darn cute. We walked literally RIGHT ON and that was awesome. We also went into Turtle Talk with Crush since there wasn't a long wait there either. We hadn't done that before and it is super duper cute. We didn't know if we'd appreciate it since we don't have kiddos with us, but we LOVED it. Made us laugh!! I would recommend it for anyone, cute cute cute~

Then we went over to visit with my favorite purple friend, Figment. I was sooo sad that yet again, I'd missed him outside!~ Double ugh!!! He has been one of my FAVORITE characters all my life and I can never catch him out there.... but we went on Journey Into Imagination of course. Again, walking right in and on the ride. Of course there is the traditional picture when you come out.....see above

By then we'd gotten our bracelet and tried to get on Test Track. There were no fast passes and the wait was an hour long. What???? An hour??? It's extra magic hours, that's not suppose to happen.

So...we headed back through the countries again, heading for America. We stopped to ride Maelstrom, again. I know, I know... but it's cute and there was no wait...what can ya do?

We wondered around a few stores along the way (and I'll regret AGAIN that I didn't buy that perfume from "Italy" that I smell each & every time I go) and ended up in America to find we'd just missed a show. It was another 35 minutes until the next one. We wondered around the area and decided we just couldn't handle waiting, we were getting tired again and if we sat down...we'd fall asleep for sure!

So on around the countries we went...

Me building up my courage......

I had PROMISED MYSELF I would try Soarin'. If you know me, you know I get VERY motion sick. Any movie/motion simulation thingy KILLS me! I have been scared of this ride since it opened. I planned this whole night knowing that it would be the last thing I did and praying I'd be fine!!

We made it, the line was about 45 minutes long....(no more fast passes available) We waited...and waited.... I breathed... and prayed!

It was AWESOME~ We both LOVED it!! Andy says he liked it as much as Everest, he was amazed more than me. I was soooo happy to find out that I could take it and can't wait to do it again!!

~Yay me~

We checked out the Test Track time again, that was still 45 minutes and it was almost midnight. We decided to head on back instead. We had to catch the monorail back to the TTC and then the bus back to shades, it takes a little bit. So we returned after a fantastic day and slept like babies!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you rode Soarin!! It is a very awesome ride. :)

And I also regret not buying perfume in Italy. I can't remember for the life of me what it was called...I have the sample somewhere. But I LOVED IT so much. But it was like $65 for the small bottle and I just couldn't rationalize such things.

Glad you are having fun!!

monica said...

Ya know... I carried around the sample to hickey for MONTHS in my purse last time...swearing I'd buy it when I got another chance! Then... I lost the thing and forgot the name, spent 15 minutes sniffing to find it again...found it...left with another sample and no bottle and now regret it, again... Duh- When will I learn to just GO FOR IT?!

I was super proud of myself for braving a new ride that "might" make me sick and was THRILLED when it didn't and we LOVED it!!