Friday, January 16, 2009

Thursday @ Magic Kingdom and Chef Mickey's

This picture isn't my "typical" small world photo. Though, I took tons in there. What can I say? This one is special for our niece, Miss Layla. Girl... it seems we ran into some of your friend George's family members. We thought of you!!!




This would be Andy Lee covering up MY score on Buzz. Frankly, b/c I kicked his rear!! He didn't want proof!! My score was 999,999 seriously. His was somewhere around 72,000. I am the champion!





If this looks like an odd angle, well... it is. They have a crane up there taking the lights off the castle and thus, we have a view trying to avoid the crane!





Chef Mickey's is always just fun and we like the buffet there. You can't go wrong with turkey pot pie, mashed taters, cheesy hashbrown taters (you see a pattern here?), baked chicken and desserts out the wazoo. Those were just my favorites! Plus all the character friend time you could possibly want. Contemporary is still my favorite resort, strange as that may be because it isn't the most "themey" for sure. I still love it there and am thankful for the two trips where we got to stay there!!





Thursday was fun! We got up, ate breakfast and were off. Does that sound like we got an early start to you? We didn't. It was late morning before we made it to the Magic Kingdom. Riding the monorail over is absolutely one of the things that just makes me smile!! We rode Haunted Mansion and then got a fast pass for Peter Pan. (Which no matter what always has the longest wait of anything there.) Then baby reminded me I was already in need of lunch. We ate and headed to Tomorrowland for Buzz and People Mover. (Ok, so they try to call it TTA now, whatever) Then back to Fantasyland for Mickey's Philharmagic (I love that), Small World, Snow White and Peter Pan. We walked around a little and headed back towards Main Street. We shopped some and fought the crowds already gathered for parade time. Yikes!!

Edit: Let me come back to add. When I say fought parade crowds, that was the ONLY time we saw crowds! The average wait for anything, even in Fantasyland where they tend to be long was about 15 minutes. This is one of the least crowded times we've ever seen and we are going to remember this week to visit again. Yes, it's cooler than normal. If you don't want to wait in hour long rides while melting though, it's a GREAT time to be here!! ((Unlike New Years and President's Week which were NIGHTMARE crowd status where we saw parks closing due to insane crowds!))

We headed back for my nap time, with all intentions of returning in the evening for a few more things. We wanted to do Pirates for sure and Tiki Room was also on the list. It was Spectro Magic night and that is one of my absolute Disney faves & must sees!! However; it didn't quite work out that way. Chef Mickey's took longer than we imagined, not because we weren't moving along either. (And no, it wasn't b/c I was waiting on characters. I was willing to skip a few.) It just happened. By the time we were done and with the Magic Kingdom closing @ 8:00. It just wasn't possible for us to get back over there and have any time left in the park. We knew we'd fight crowds on Main Street again to get in and out of the park, around parade time. We eventually decided it just wasn't worth the effort and gave it up.

We came back here and wondered around for a bit, amazed at the 20 or so kids in the pool!! (It was in the high 40s by then!!) Cold is always a relative word it seems......

0 comments: