Monday, January 05, 2009

Boy or Girl
-go over to the right to vote-

The excitement builds. I couldn't sleep last night because I am so excited!! Tonight & then tomorrow will be even more exciting. How in the world do you NOT find out? Two of my greatest friends (Amy & Amy that would be both of you) drove me NUTS by not finding out. I will melt tomorrow if for some reason they can't tell for sure, yes I've been warned by some of you. (Misty) I have been given advice to drink a coke & eat a candy bar (Andrea) or to at least drink something sweet (Molly & Aimee). Andy says he's pouring a Mountain Dew down me in the waiting room. He is about to burst even more than me!!

Yesterday (after church and before lunch, when you go early you have to spend your extra time somewhere) I lost him in Target and he turned up on the aisle that houses Hot Wheels. I should have known!! :) The man still has his box of 100s from when he was little. He says that if it's a boy he is starting his sons collection immediately. As we walked away he said "or Barbies I guess". LOL!!!!

Will there be pink dresses with matching bows, tea parties, ballet lessons, pink and purple rooms, waiting to meet a Princess, art projects, friend drama and prom dresses in my future?

Will there be jeans with holes, train sets, dirt pies, football practice, army men, bathroom humor, waiting to meet a Super Hero, building with blocks, black eyes and fast cars in my future?

It's so very exciting. I had a moment of panic last night (I've done so well this 4 weeks though) and told Andy ... "there are horror stories of waiting to see your baby only to see that something might be wrong". I have to confess that it terrifies me. I know in my heart that God is in control though and no amount of worry will change his plan. Andy said "and what if there is, what can you do?" Followed by "there are so many more great stories though". I commit to being full of faith tomorrow, I pray God gives me only happy thoughts during this exciting time and I trust God who IS in control!!!!

So as excited (and as much as I keep talking about it) to find out if we are having a boy or girl. Know that in my heart the most important thing is that we have a healthy baby in there! I pray every day (over and over) that his or her heart, lungs, kidneys, liver and other organs are all doing their jobs and stay healthy and strong. I pray for their senses: for their eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hands & feet. I pray for their health and safety, their future and happiness. I pray these same prayers (and others for them and their birthmom) for our baby through adoption that we also hope to meet this year!

For now the excitement is more than I can stand. I am itching to go shopping today and then just take back some stuff later in the week! I have stayed home all last week from shopping because I'm so drawn to the baby section. This weekend when Andy & I went out, it was soooo hard to not buy everything I picked up. (Those sales are hard to resist) I whined to Andy yesterday "I just want to go to Babies R Us soooooo bad!!!" He assured me we could go if I promised to by only neutral stuff....and so I wait! Tomorrow though, tomorrow I will be there... in the evening.... after our 4:00 appointment.... I will go in there with excitement like that place has never seen!!!

11 comments:

misty said...

I am bringing back your Shop-O-Holic and Baby book tomorrow and you need to read it immediately. As I read it last week you kept popping into my mind! Slow down girl! What are the rest of us going to buy for Little T?

I know how excited you are and I don't blame you one bit. Don't worry about anything tomorrow. Like Andy said, what can you do? That is exactly why Kevin and I chose not to have the test to see if the baby has Down's Syndrome when I was pregnant with Logan and Dev. We did with Skye and it was a nightmare of waiting and wondering. Then we realized, what could we do? Even if it came back that our baby had something wrong we were NEVER going to get rid of it. So for the future bambinos we decided not to worry ourselves with it. What would be would be and God would provide the strength we needed to deal with anything we encountered.

And HE has! It's been rough around the edges, this parenthood thing. Most days I lie down and think "Lord, what have I done." I feel sure I'm pretty much setting my kids up for future therapy, but then God laughs and whispers in my ear "You've got a secret weapon, ME." Then I feel all right!

Have fun shopping! Before you know it you'll be cringing in the corner of Abercrombie and Fitch, plugging your ears against the extremely loud music, as Little T(ette) struts her stuff in what can only be described as "very little fabric". While Andy stands outside the window glaring at any male who looks her way! Or you'll be watching Little T get the tar knocked out of him on the football field while you silently pray he's not dead or brain damaged. He'll pop up, give you that goofy grin and run right back into the battle! Of course your little guy will be wielding a golf club, so I suppose you'll be listening for the sounds of breaking glass and shouts from the neighbors!

No matter what, just enjoy every minute of it! God is awsome isn't He? Welcome to the mommy world! It's an E ticket experience!
I love you!

Sincerely Anna said...

I am totally feeling your excitement! I think it's a boy - can't wait to find out!

Wendy said...

Hi Monica - Aimee's friend here again :-) Thank you for your sweet comments on my page! Life with a new baby does not leave you a lot of time to eat so that helps! HA!! I can't wait to hear what you are having! You are right in that God is in control and just remember that and know that He has touched this precious baby and has made it perfect!!!

aimee said...

I think I am going to hide in Babies r us tomorrow night so I can see you go crazy shopping. I am so excited to find out. Either way it is going to be so loved.

Terry said...

Monica, you crack me up, you've gone total crack-a-dog! I'm like Aimee, I would love to be hiding in Babies r us, that would be a hoot to watch. Although I'm sure you will just be a blur going through the store! And I'm waiting for another surprise text saying a birth mom has picked you! I just hope I'm not driving at the time!!! God works in mysterious ways you know!!! Love ya kiddo...

Anonymous said...

I CAN"T WAIT!
Love you guys!

Amber said...

Hey Monica - guess what I read on the disboards.

Somebody about it's illegal to sell used baby clothes starting in February, or something crazy like that.

Janell said...

good luck tomorrow! i know how excited you are. i'm with you....how does one NOT find out. i would go crazy. hey...check out gymboree too, they have some awesome deals right now!

can't wait to hear!

Anonymous said...

Teresa is too excited. Boy or girl? I do not care!! Only, please, no "T" names. I am already tongue tied! Steve says "boy".We love you!!

Anonymous said...

I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Kristy said...

So, boy or girl? boy or girl? boy or girl?? I cannot wait either!! :)