Saturday, January 10, 2009

A look into our exciting week!

Baby @ 6 wks. Ya gotta look close! It was such an amazing thing that day to hear Ms. Sonogram say "there's somebody home!!" Already with a beating heart, the whole little being was beating. It was amazing!! (October)

Baby @ 18 wks. Wow, such a miracle! We were able to see all HIS little bones and organs. She said he looks perfect. He was moving his little hands around, opening and shutting his mouth while we watched!! (January 6)



Baby BOY PROOF!! From this view we had a nice hiney shot!!


We were so excited on Tuesday to finally KNOW for sure that baby is a baby boy! Andy is of course beside himself. We went to eat and then shopping!! It was amazing to walk in a store for the first time in my life buying things for OUR SON!! We've been buying "one in pink and one in blue" for so long now, I can't describe what knowing is like!!

These are the things we got in Tadpoles, my favorite consignment store!!

This is the "loot" from Babies R Us! I can't wait for him to have the little stuffed doggie and always be able to say "my Mommy & Daddy bought this the day they found out I was a boy". Watching Andy pick out the golf clothes was so much fun, he's excited about his "little golf buddy" as he calls him.

We also bought my parents a sports piggie bank to take to them in order to let them know. I'd called them right after we left the doctor office to tell them we knew, but we weren't telling them yet. Mom wasn't pleased she had to wait. Three hours later when we showed up at their house she came running out the door fussing at me to tell her!!

My kids at school had voted on Tuesday on what they thought I was having, I forgot to take a picture of the full vote. Here is the "boys side" though. All the boys & one girl voted for a boy. They were excited when I told them for sure and one little friend kept telling everyone who came in our room "Ms. Tanner is having a baby brother"! So funny!!

My wonderful friend, Shelley, decorated my door! Everyone is so excited to share the experience with us and it's been so much fun!!
I have now put all of the "pink stuff" into two (very large) plastic boxes. It will wait to see if we are chosen to be the parents of a baby girl or boy through adoption. It would be fantastic to have one of each eventually, but it will be just as amazing to have two brothers grow up together. We will wait to see what God has planned for the Tanner's!!! His plan is way bigger than ours!!!


What a week!!
We thank God for his blessing!!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm not good with all this mushy stuff ... so I'll just say "yay!!!"

Wendy said...

I have chills reading this! HOW NEAT!! Enjoy every moment of it - you deserve it!!