Tuesday, November 04, 2008

So much to be thankful for ...
My parents and their ability to build their house just like they want.

(For November I am going to blog along with my current title, so much to be thankful for! Hopefully we all remember to be thankful for God's many blessings year 'round and not just at Thanksgiving.)

I am thankful for my Christian, wonderful, amazing, generous, loving, kind, strong willed, smart and fun parents. I am thankful that they are able to build a house that they want, just like they want. God blessed 'em with the perfect piece of land just a mile from their previous home, in the exact area where they wanted. (Though I told them that God wasn't going to make MORE land in the area, they were going to have to get over it. Turns out, God is bigger than I.) I am thankful the land is gorgeous with turkey & deer roaming all the time. The wonderful neighbors that stop by ALL the time, they are a blessing. The fact there is a house on the property where they've lived the past 6 months and where eventually we will probably call home. It's all a bigger blessing than anyone could have dreamed up!!!

Here are a few current pictures.

Here's the front of the house, from really close and an odd angle. The top front isn't painted yet, neither is the trim. The rock hasn't even come in yet, so there is lots of blank areas as well. Columns for the porch, lots of things still in the works.


Here is the hallway, looking through the kitchen. The cabinets are going in today, they are gorgeous. There's an island that will have seating as well.


The living room is so darn tall. The entire wall there is going to be an entertainment center. Talk about storage, I'm so jealous. The cabinets on the bottom are finished, but they are also going up up up up on that wall......




My Mom's room, green walls, very pretty. The color isn't showing up good here, doesn't do it justice. ((Yes, I said my Mom's room. That's another story for another blog.... ;) After I moved out, they got their own rooms. They love it and it works, whatever...))




My Mom's bathroom, the cabinets..... she has 2 sets, Dad has one set. I asked her if she felt bad. She said "no, he had the master bed & bath for the past 15 years (after I moved out) it was her turn." LOL!! The door there goes to the potty. Her closet is in the hallway, totally on it's own and the size of our baby's nursery!!!!



The shower & tub.... the tile work is done, but the doors & glass and all aren't up for the shower yet.




One view from the back porch/pool side, Dad's on the tractor. He's got his mask on too, his allergies are terrible, he's had sinus surgery twice! He now tries to remember to wear the mask on the tractor so it doesn't send him into a tizzy, he loves being out there on it so much. I wish I'd have taken a picture of the actual back deck, it's very pretty. This is just one look at the yard in one direction.

The sides of the hill are all covered with those sheets of grass seed like you see on the sides of the road or something. Then they added more grass seed and more hay. Dad waters daily with the well, so it's already coming up very good!

And as a side note, government involvement is insane. After the nightmare of almost 4 months to get the building permit, they now have to have a variance hearing for the pool. Why? B/C it's going on the end of the house, instead of behind. Why does it matter? Who cares? It's their property. Still, government wont give the permit and they can't start on it until January after a hearing for it. Craziness..... (more government involvement, think before you vote)


0 comments: