Wednesday, November 05, 2008

So much to be thankful for ....

The country we live in, the ability we do all have to vote and the free will decisions God gives us.

My candidate didn't win. I am disappointed. I have been sad to the point of tears. I worry about the future. I'm worried about sharing our money with people who don't work as hard or as many hours as my husband does. I worry about the lack of desire for small business' to thrive and prosper. I worry about the military families and their futures, our family included. I worry about what sort of pushover nation we may look like in the near future to those who hate us. I worry about a man leading our country who I still feel has strong beliefs in Muslim traditions, some of which aren't so peaceful. I worry about someone who doesn't value life before birth, though I've seen the heartbeat of our baby when he or she was just 6 weeks from conception.

All of my worry gets me nowhere, it does nothing for me or the causes I support. I must continually, daily, hourly remind myself that God is in control. He gives us free will, he already knows what we'll choose though my friends. He already knows the path and he already knows how to make it work for HIS good. (For all things work together for good, for those who love God and are called according to HIS purpose. Rom. 8:28)

There are so many things going on right now, not just in our country, but right here in our own home. Things to worry about and make me nervous. As a Christian I have to pray and then let God have control, let him take the worry, let him do his will and then I know I've done the right thing. I don't like not being in control, but I sure don't know enough to be in full control either. I have to trust God because He is the only one who sees the whole picture. He's blessed us so far beyond our wildest dreams!! He will continue to, if only we let him. No matter who is the President, no matter what choices others make for us, no matter what policies are passed or not passed. We must trust God is still on THE THRONE and he is in ULTIMATE control. Then, and only then, I can breathe a sigh of relief.....

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Well said, Monica :)