Friday, November 21, 2008

So much to be thankful for........

A random list of things pop into my mind today. Obviously not in the order of importance!

I'm so thankful for...

My husband who makes me laugh and smile every day! I wont gush on and on, but this man is my heart!

My family, all of 'em. Close, extended, by blood, by marriage, by pure choosing, whatever. Those we see all the time, those I haven't seen in years. They all have their spot in my heart & I love 'em all.

My friends, all of 'em. Old, new, school, work, down the road, across the country, love 'em all. They make ya laugh, make ya cry, put up with ya and help mold you into who you are.

My job, I love my job. Sometimes it's not easy to get up in the morning and get there, but I absolutely love what I do! I can't imagine doing anything else and I love my babies (past, present and future) more than they know!! Preschool is what I was designed for!!! :)

My church and church family. Though we left awhile and returned, they are always church family to us. I'm also thankful for the church family @ Legacy that we really were blessed to be a part of for the few years we were gone from FBC. They are awesome and were so good to us. I'm thankful for the memories of growing up in a church surrounded by people who I know loved me through it all. What a blessing!

The ability to travel. I'm so thankful we can spare a few dollars now and then to get away. I think we both live for countdowns to traveling and I'm so blessed we're both able to do it and love it so much. With family, friends and just us. Not far from home, thousands of miles away. Mountains, beach, cruise ship, hotel, cabin, camper, lake, theme park, we love it all. Such a great time to regroup, relax and spend time together without the "everyday". It's so important to us!

Books to read. I'm such a reading addict and I'm so thankful I picked that up from my Mom. It's great to "get away" in a story and spend a few hours "somewhere else". I think it's a pretty good hobby to have.

My "beastie". If you know me, you know I've had a TON of vehicles in the last 20 years. (14 I think) I had a car before I could drive for Pete's sake. Of course, that totally comes b/c my Dad owned a car lot. I married a man who is as bad as me. We both trade at least every 2 years. I have had cars I love and still, in two years, I'm ready for something different. Strangely enough, I am so in love with my Durango. (Funny if you were there with me having the emotional breakdown when I cried trading the bug for it. Tracey & Holly might rememeber that, I think I rambled to yall) It's the most comfortable thing I've ever driven or riden in. It holds all the crap I travel with and transport to and from school. I really, really, really love that thing. And.... after 2 years, I'm not even LOOKING at other vehicles. Impressive huh?

I love my laptop (the 3rd). How would I survive without being connected to the web? I have no idea!! I'm addicted for communication, entertainment, questions answered, immediate information, school, travel, games, you name it and I'm online for it. I'm thankful for my laptop and for smart people who improve technology all the time.

The nursery, I can't tell you how much I love to go in there and sit among the baby stuff. I look through the clothes (in the PACKED closet), I pick up and touch the toys & stuffed animals. I love the future it holds and can't wait!! I'm so thankful we started it last year. I'm thankful for my parents who've helped so much. I'm thankful for those who've given me things to add over the last months, it's so exciting!!


....and I'm thankful for..... piles of fall leaves (don't tell Andy, he hates 'em and is fighting with 'em right now!) I really think there is something that makes me smile to see them piled up so high in the yard and driveway......stores that have all the Christmas displays, though Halloween is a little early, I love love love it all out there now.......radio stations that play Christmas music all the time, I can't wait until The Fish starts.......a fire in the fireplace, it gives me the "warm fuzzies"........ doggies, nothing like the faithful love and devotion of your pets ........ cartoons, seriously I love them...... mushy and funny chick flicks, where would I be without them....... a house that I really do love so much ......... channels on the TV that play music, any kind, all the time, whatever you want, commercial free......... dvr, why did it take us so long to get that and now how would we live without it?????......... indoor plumbing, seriously, can you imagine living in a third world country that doesn't have it, we don't know how blessed we are.........

And.... this amazing and surprise blessing that God has sent us. Someday I am going to be able to blog about it. For some reason I am able to ramble on and on about the silly and day to day things in my life. I just can't sit down and write in words how I'm feeling about actually being pregnant. I'm overwhelmed with feelings and other than saying, we are so blessed and so thankful.... what more can I say right now?

There ya go, a peek in my head this morning!

1 comments:

Debie Napoleon said...

In case I have never said it - I have added you to my prayer list for a safe and uneventful pregancy. I realize you don't know me and my comments may be sarcastic at times, but I had many misses before having my one and only child - including three months of bedrest and hospitalization - and I would trade nothing for him. and there is nothing more precious than that.