Wednesday, November 12, 2008

So much to be thankful for ...

I am so thankful for doctors, nurses and their staffs who assist.

I am not good with hospitals or sickness. I am so very thankful that God gives the compassion, patience, wisdom and amazing hearts to those who do these kinds of jobs.

I spent time in hospitals when I was little, I was a sickly kiddo and had been in the hospital 4 times by the time I was four years old. I had 3 surgeries when I was little and I think part of my fear comes from there. I get absolutely completely out of sorts when going to visit someone in the hospital wether they've had surgery or have a new baby. I feel sick on the way there, my hands get shaky and sweaty and by the time I walk in the doors ... I'm fit to be tied. I can even get myself into the same tizzy state by just going for a doctor's visit. I can work myself into a tizzy just thinking about giving birth myself and staying in a hospital again. Terrifying! I am so very thankful for the staff there that are gifted with the ability to take care of those in need. I'm also so thankful for friends and family who are gifted with the ability to visit with and give comfort to those in need. They are truly blessed with a gift from God!!

Today I am especially thankful for those who have been taking care of my Grandmother for the past 6 days while she's been in the hopsital awaiting hip surgery. I am thankful for the surgeon and nurses who will assist in her surgery today. I am thankful for the staff that will continue to take care of her in rehab for the coming weeks. She, like many elderly patients, has become very disoriented, confused and often angry in her current situation. Those who are taking care of her are my heros!

0 comments: