Monday, September 15, 2008

Springville Sprint 5K

Andy has been running the Powder Springs annual "Springville Sprint 5K" for much longer than I've known him. This year was no different, he'd been looking forward to it for quite awhile. Typically it's the same day as Powder Springs Day with a parade & arts/crafts. This year the festival has been put off until October. Our church sponsors the event, it's where the race starts and ends. They have a competition between local elementary schools to see who can get the most kids to show up for the 1mile fun run. Then there is a free pancake breakfast afterwards and award ceremony. Great times in a small town!!

Andy finished 8th overall and 1st in his age group, it's the 4th year in a row that he's been first in his age group. (Maybe more than that, but those are the trophies I can count on the shelf right now) He finished 3rd overall a few years ago :) Steve finished first in his age group as well and was 5th overall. Good job guys!! Yep, big brother beat little brother!! :)


And I have to mention Patty McFarland Wilder who also won in her age group, because I've never seen anyone so excited over their tropy. Patty is the "baby" sister to my best friend from childhood, Amy. So Patty, "that is awesome!!" Love ya girl, it was fun to spend time with you!!!



While we were waiting and watching awards, Uncle Andy seems to have put Tanner right to sleep. That boy was making all sorts of crazy noises bouncing around, he became quiet and this is what we saw. Funny baby!! I told Andy he is the "baby whisperer"!



2 comments:

aimee said...

I love love love that picture of Tanner and Andy. It is so cute. I love the smile on Andy's face too.

cathy said...

Yes, Patty was so excited when she got home. She was crazy! She was jumping everywhere saying "I won, I won" I am very happy for her.

Love the pic of Tanner. So Cute!