Wednesday, September 24, 2008

September happenings:

Let's update on random things at the house of Tanner.

Parent's House:
My parents house is moving along quickly. They put walls up and a roof on in no time. I love the multi color roof, it looks great. Now inside everything makes sense and you can see it all coming together. Pluming has been ran, as well as electricity. The septic tank has been put in and the sheet rock was delivered today, they're waiting on insulation to go in first tomorrow I think. The tubs are put in, the showers are going to be tiled & stoned, so they're coming later. They spent almost 3 hours with the cabinet man one day this week, everything is being custom made. The deposit has been made on the pool and the plans are beautiful, there's a waterfall!!

Sept. 14th (I think)


This is the end facing the house they live in. That roomish thing to the right with a window is the 3 car garage. The porch area to the left is the open area where the pool will go. It's all coverd for hanging out, all the way around the corner. The total left side towards the back is going to be a vaulted ceiling with beams, it's going to be pretty. There will be ceiling fans and a swing. Our kiddos room @ Grammy & Grandpa's is right there with a windown over looking the pool area. Great stuff!! This is my favorite part. We kept saying "good thing yall wanted a smaller house, HA!" Mom wanted to cut down on cleaning, have less to take care of, we just keep laughing!!


This is the front



Sept. 20th
The roof on~




Sept. 20th
My Mom's CLOSET!!! She has her own, yes! Almost as big as our nursery & spare bedroom.




This is the eat in kitchen. The side with the window has vaulted ceilings too. The kitchen is huge, has an island. Which is funny since my Mom NEVER cooks anymore! We're standing in the living room area and this isn't all of the kitchen, just one direction.



Dad's office looking out the front. That oval ish window to the right is actually in the laundry room, no walls yet so you can see through of course.



The basement that is going to have one finished bathroom and is big enough for a living room/kitchen and 4 bedrooms down there. Cracks us up how big it is.



Chex Mix Fiasco:

I had a chex mix fiasco this week. I had a 100 calorie pack of chex cereal one day and opened it in the car, it exploded and cereal went everywhere! It was in my hair, in my clothes and all over the car!! There are times this would make me grrrrrrr in frustration, thankfully all I could do was laugh and laugh and laugh some more. It was a mess and what can you do? I took pictures to show Andy, figured he'd shake his head at me. Then immediately clean the Beastie out end to end! (That man is obsessed with a clean vehicle, you family members know that first hand!)





Early Birthday Celebrations:

Today my kiddos and Ms. Dawn helped me celebrate my birthday at school. The kids surprised me when Ms. Dawn pulled out a super stash of birthday cards they'd made at home, I was very impressed with their sneakiness! Each one is adorable, I'll share a few. They sang Happy Birthday and (like all 4 year olds would) they blew the candles on the "fake cake" out for me!! (I only had 5 candles like they get, that's encouraging!) Our fake cake (made by my room mom & friend last year) is adorable and perfecting for celebrating all birthdays!! It has swirly crazy candles, not in this picture though.



A few cards, I couldn't scan and post 'em all. Too cute though!



This little guy drew "Ms. Tanner & Winnie the Pooh" on the left. I think it's awesome that he remembered me saying that during Bear week or the first week when I talked about how I love Pooh. Funny!!


Can you tell that this little one wrote my name across the card? "Tanner" So sweet! And yes, that would be me that he drew!


Tonight Andy brought home an ice cream cake, it's my favorite kind of cake these days! It is a cutie football, just needs a big "G" on it!! We ate ice cream cake tonight after supper!


The Fair:

At school we always go to the fair the last Thursday that it's here. It is my favorite field trip of the year. I love fall and it's the first time everyone is together, we get to spend some time chatting with the parents after spending some time with the kids. They kids are so excited because it's the first trip and it's just a super fun day. All of the four year old classes & Kindergarten go, plus all parents!! It's 120 kids!! We're going tomorrow!!!

Last year was the first time in about 11 years that I didn't go to the fair on my birthday. My Dad always said I was a "cheap date" on my birthday. Take me to the fair, buy me a corndog and cotton candy and I'm good to go. It became a tradition with Andy and my parents to go. Last year we went on the Disney Cruise & spent a week at Disney, so we skipped the fair. This year since we'll be in the mountains, we're going to the fair tomorrow night! Fun, fun, fun!!! Fried food, pretty lights, farm animals to pet, homemade goods to observe and carnival workers... what more entertainment can a girl need?

The Mountains:


And, to further celebrate my birthday (I firmly believe in celebrating all week long!) We are headed to Gatlinburg this weekend. We usually go once or twice a year. Due to "the year of Disney" last year, we never made it up there. So we're both very excited about a fall mountain trip!! We aren't taking the camper, with gas prices it's not feasible to pull it up there. Andy took Friday off and we leave that morning and we'll return Sunday evening, I'm so excited!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Thanks for the embroidery info. How much does she charge per monogram? The place in Cartersville is $12 a monogram! The burp cloths are the easiest thing EVER! I would love to show you how! I got the idea from a boutique that sold them for $15-$20and I can make them for about $3 a piece! Talk to you soon!