Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Thank You

I heard this song about 4 or 5 months ago and have been falling in love with it all the more! It's become my favorite song, my inspiration and my prayer. I have it on my current favorite CD and in my IPod. No matter how many times I listen to it, it touches my heart and evokes big emotion. I hope & pray it continues to keep it's effect on me.

I have been praying on the way to work for years, remembering to mention each child in my class by name and asking God to help me be just what that child needs that day. (among other things naturally) I listen to this song on the way to work each morning now, then pause to not just ask for God's blessings that day, but to remember to say THANK YOU!

I listened to it from my IPod while we were cruising. I remember laying in the sun on a day at sea, watching the ocean that God made, seeing the beautiful sky and knowing how blessed I am. I listened to this song and stopped to say THANK YOU for all the blessings in my life BIG and SMALL.

There are days I listen to this 4 or 5 times, never tiring of it, reminding myself to be THANKFUL for all of God's blessings. Do you stop daily to think how blessed you are? This is for me too, I'm not preaching, just reminding- Do you have a family? Friends? A Home? Food to eat? A car to take you places? A job where you earn money? A church family to love you and bring you closer to God? Do you have air to keep you cool and heat to keep you warm? Do you have enough money for those fun extras in life? Are you able to buy music you love, coffee from your favorite spot, a movie on DVD, a new outfit? There are too many things to name that we take for granted, there are so many people in the world who don't have those blessings.

May my song touch your heart
and remind you to be thankful too!

It's by 33Miles, download it!

What if in morning when I wake up
Even before I fill my coffee cup
I said thank You
Thank You

What if I look at the day and the hours ahead
And before I move forward I bowed my head
And said thank You
Oh I said thank You

What if I looked at my life in a different way
Took a little more time to stop and pray
I know it would change all the moments in between
So here I go

Thank You for everything
Thank You for loving me
It don’t even matter what tomorrow brings
Well I will sing my

Thank You for sun and rain
For what You give and take away
For all Your goodness I will always say
Thank You
Oh I’ll say thank You

What if I lost everything that I had
I could smile and somehow still be glad
And say thank You
Thank you

‘Cause life is joy, life is pain
But the prayer on my heart will never change
I say thank You
Oh I’ll say thank You

1 comments:

Joanne said...

Right on, sister! One of my favorite exercises from the diet board I belong to was coming up with things to be thankful in this way:

Did I have to do my taxes this year? Then I am thankful I get a paycheck!

Do my muscles ache? I am grateful for the use of them and for the hard work and exercise I can do because of them.

Anytime I think about complaining, I try to pause and do that!

:)