Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Friday, Day 6 @ Nassau:

Back in Nassau. Funny, every cruise we’ve taken has led us there eventually. I have to say that it is what you make it. This was a perfect day in the Bahamas. It was such a pretty, hot, clear & sunny day to begin with. We arrived @ 7:00 and we got up pretty early. We headed off for some shopping. We were walking around a little before 9:00 and most of the stores had signs up that said they didn’t open until (and yes this is a quote) 10:ish! I knew I loved it here, I fit in!! We walked through more stores and alleys than ever before and it’s becoming so comfortable to be there now. I found two things that I wanted and eventually talked myself out of, then wished I’d had gotten. Gotta hate when that happens. We came back to the ship for a short visit with Mr. Dean & Mrs. Carolyn and a piece of pizza. Then it was off for our Stingray Adventure and beach trip to Black Beard’s.


*Picture headed out to Black Beard's. Left to right: Regal Empress (she's tiny, down and back to Nassau from Fort Lauderdale and we want to try it sometime), Carnival Glory, Disney Wonder, Carnival Imagination & Carnival Sensation*

It was our 3rd time to the same beach and we always enjoy it. The stingray adventure there is better than ones we have seen other places. We spend about 3 hours at the beach and you can go in with the stingrays as many times as you want and stay as long as you want. The people on the island are super friendly. The boat ride there is about 25 minutes each way and it’s a pretty boat ride. They have ray feeding once an hour and it’s a ton of fun, if you can get past holding the slimy squid in your hands. Ick!! It’s awesome to hold them under the water though and have the rays suck them right out, amazing!! It’s also so cool when you step into the water and they come and glide around your feet & legs, rubbing on you like a cat would. It cracks me up and continually amazes me, no matter how many time we do it! When they know it's feeding time and you've fed them already, they are all over you! When I'm on my knees with them and they are swarming me, they typically knock me backwards and off my knees. It's hilarious, they're so funny!!

*Picture: I didn't have a water proof camera with me this time, so I didn't get many close pictures of the rays. That little critter wouldn't stay still long enough for me to get a good picture*

We have always had the island pretty much to ourselves with our excursion group and maybe one or two more. Today however; was chaos! We’ve never had a problem getting something to drink, getting our food from the grille, finding a chair or spending time with the rays. There were 5 ships in port today and I’d never seen an excursion place like that. The lines were so long for food & drinks that we gave up on our food that we’d already paid for with the price, Andy (bless his heart) waited for 20 minutes on 2 Cokes! There weren’t enough chairs for the number of people there and it was wall to wall (sand to sand) people. I really think they over booked themselves and that’s not fun for everyone. It was still a good day, but I imagine it’ll be our last trip there. Time to find a new favorite place in Nassau.

*Pic : Us on Black Beard's *


*Pic: This was un LAST TIME we were there. We didn't get the picture taken this time because the line was SO LONG!*



For the second excursion in a row, we got back to the pier just in time to jump on the ship. They were pulling up one gang way and standing around waiting on us at the next one. Our group was the last one back to the ship, thankfully we were with a group and they were waiting. We had 5 minutes to spare, yikes!

After a cheeseburger back on ship, we spent a few hours by the pool before it was time to head back and get ready for the night. It was also packing now, how fast that slips up on you! Dinner, a show and it’s over again..

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Always love your trip reports!!

Amber said...

Crap - there has been a cruise report here this entire time, and I'm just finding out about it?!?

Must go read . . .

----------
www.movieyak.blogspot.com