Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Cruising

I know, how many blogs can one person have about cruising, right?! I just have to go back and hit some things that I didn't talk about though. We were telling Andy's brother last Sunday that we are addicted to cruising, I think we need a support group. I wonder if support groups cruise a lot??

We came home to immediately start looking online for the next one! We had been cruising two or three times a year and last year only went once, this trip reminded us how much we love it and we're ready to go again. We are going on another in May or June!! :)

We've only been to the beach in Florida together twice, both of those being trips with my parents. (One before we married and one the year we did get married) It's funny b/c we'd both been so many times before & now WE'VE never taken a trip together, just us to Panama City. Strange and funny!! However; we have been to beaches all around the Caribbean, so we're not complaining!!

You can NOT beat the value of cruising. Every time we look at going to the beach, looking for somewhere to stay and spend a FORTUNE on that alone, plus food and getting out to do some things... It reminds us of just one reason we enjoy cruising so much! The value for your money can NOT be beat! A great comfortable room, all the food you want all day & night, entertainment out the wazoo and you have to do NOTHING!! This last trip cost us about $150 a night for the two of us when it was all said and done. We could never stay at the beach, eat 3 meals a day and have extra spending money for $150 a night!

This past cruise we also did something VERY different for us. We love to eat, we look forward to each and every dinner especially! We have always taken clothes to "dress up" for dinner at night in the dinning room. We started taking an outfit per night, slowly we've started taking things we could mix & match to save on packing space. Then you have one (or two if it's a 7 night cruise) "formal" night. Ugh! All those clothes to wear for just an hour or two. (We go back & change right after dinner anyway-) We realized on this trip that almost every food offered in the dining room was also in the casual buffet. Usually every entree except for one (we would compare the menus), all the appetizers and at least 3 of the 4 desserts were on the buffet!

I ate so many wonderful things that I would have never ordered off the menu. I like to SEE what my food will look like, especially seafood. We could get all we wanted to try on the buffet and go back for more. Of course you can order all you want in the dining room, but you have to wait on them to get it and so on. The fact that we didn't dress up alone was awesome! We are going to start packing one set of dress clothes only (if that) for lobster night b/c it wasn't offered on the buffet. :) Otherwise, I think we're now officially casual kinda folks!! Maybe if we cruise with others we'll go to the dining room, then again maybe not. You never know- (Plus it saves money on tips, shhhhh we're cheap!)

Time always flies too, that amazes me. On the first or second day I always think, man... we have such a long vacation ahead of us. Then something happens and it's the night we have to pack for home before I know it. I always plan to do so many things and we never get them done. I wanted to play putt putt, the ships all now have a 9 hole course. I wanted to consider a massage, I planned on doing a ton of activities offered that I never got to. Funny how fast time flies!

I just had to share one more time how much we love cruising! Andy now gets more excited than me I believe. We're ready go again for sure! ...and now that silly boy is mentioning being ready to go to Disney again too, you know he wont have to talk me into that one!....




2 comments:

Kristy said...

You make me want to go on a cruise (so badly)!! I love reading about your cruises!!! :) I've only been on one...when I was a teenager (Disney cruise) and Keith has never been on one. My parents go a lot! Do you think a cruise is good for kids?????

monica said...

We will SO TAKE our child/children!! We paid close attention this time to people with babies-toddlers, there were a good many. They have fun, they don't care as long as they're with family having fun! You can take your "stuff"! The Disney Cruise would be amazing for them, but there is stuff for them on any cruise.

I know we'll cruise when our child/children are a little older because they're is SO MUCH for older kids to do. Everyone can pick and choose their favorite things, I just don't think you can beat it!

Of course keeping up with THREE at one time, all little and running in directions would be challenging. But girl, that's challenging anywhere I'm thinking!!!