Thursday, April 10, 2008

Crusin’ Gotta Love It!

Let’s see if I can give you the highlights. I’m not very good at making it brief, but I’ll see what I can do.

Saturday, Boarding Day:

We left our hotel in Ocala about 9:00 and had a super easy drive through to Port Canaveral. Andy made me cry in Orlando with his pathetic rendition of “When you wish upon a star”, but it was a enough to make me miss Disney. This is our first ever drive through where we wouldn’t be stopping on either end of our journey. I couldn’t help it!!

We arrived early and made a stop in Walmart @ Cocoa Beach, you just can’t pass up a good Walmart.

We made it to the port earlier than ever before and were thrilled at the lack of lines! We breezed through dropping off our luggage, walked straight through security and straight through to check in, not a line in sight. Early my friends, is the way to go! (I am NEVER early for anything, when early means being there before 12:30 though, I can handle that!)

We headed for “Lunch on the Lido”, Andy dreams of that phrase for months before we arrive. Coming home to the Glory, for our third cruise with her, was familiar and comforting. She’s like an old friend and it doesn’t take days to remember where things are, kinda nice. We spent the afternoon in our swimsuits basking in the sun, 86ish degrees in Florida, life is good!

We are eating supper (dinner to you Yankees reading :)) late and at a large table, though only one couple from just outside of Orlando showed up. We had eaten a rather large snack (fried shrimp & French fries) and I couldn’t eat most of my supper; however crème brulee was a dessert option and I had to force that down! It’s my favorite! We saw the “Welcome Aboard” show and called it a day.

0 comments: