Monday, May 12, 2008

Preschool

I can't believe we're down to 2 days left in the classroom, a party and Graduation. Time flies!! I look forward to the summer, I LOVE summer. Hot weather, visiting at the pool, lake trips, camping, cruising again, beach trip with Mom, weekend trip to the mountains, hanging with friends, time with family, reading oodles of books, sleeping late and well... you get the idea. At the same time though, I truly..whole heartedly miss MY kids!

It's so hard to say goodbye to a group of kids that you've spent sooooo much time with! I am so proud of all they've done and know they are 100% ready for Kindergarten, I'm very excited about a new group coming next year with new and familiar faces, but .. it's all bitter sweet.

Today they answered some questions for me about their favorite things to do at school, things about myself and Ms. Dawn, their special friends and things they didn't like. It was so sweet, their comments brought tears to my eyes on many occasions. Thankfully 8 of 12 kids couldn't think of a thing they didn't like about school, "I just love it all" was often the reply. Of course one didn't like "work", one didn't like "when I argue with friends" and a few other random things. They said Ms. Dawn was perfect, sweet and she helped them open snack. They said they loved school because they love to learn, have fun in centers, like to go outside and their friends are there. They said I was wonderful, I taught them things, I was fun and they just loved me. Where else can you go to work and get that kind of reward????

Our entire FORTY NINE page scrapbook is done. Yes, I said 49 pages! Thankfully I color copied some pages, some Moms helped me and some pages were artwork. The books are precious and will be cherished for years to come. I am able to share one page with you, we did this today. The kids told me "what they'd be if they lived under the sea" last week, they did fingerprint fish today and this is one I color copied for everyone. It doesn't have a picture at all, but strangely enough has become one of my favorite pages of the entire book. The bottom says "Up on top or deep down under, God displays his awesome wonder" and the top part of the page says "What would you BE, if you lived under the SEA?". The quotes are adorable, but I don't think you can read them. Some examples: a whale that blows water at other fish, jelly fish, mean shark, mermaid and my favorite "just a plain old fish". I assure you, there were NO PLAIN OLD FISH IN MY CLASS THIS YEAR!!!!

Happy almost summer!!




1 comments:

Amber said...

Holy moly!!! 49 pages?!?