Tuesday, May 20, 2008


Layla Ballerina

On Monday I was invited to our great niece, Layla's, final ballet class of the year. She is two and goes to a Mommy & Me dance class @ the Marietta Ballet Conservatory. (Where our other niece Ruthie works) Her Mimi (my sister in law) takes her because her Mommy (Aimee) teaches preschool (where I do). Are you following this story?

Anyway, the class WAS SO adorable!! They do all sorts of movement things that the kids are great at, but you can watch and see how those things will lead to ballet moves even more in the future. Layla take her ballet VERY seriously and didn't crack a smile, other than once, the entire hour long dance class. She studies what the others are doing and then does it just right. How did she become such a perfectionist? So funny!! You see that I was quick enough to catch her one hilarious outburst!



Anyway, of course I went armed with TWO cameras! (Like any aunt would!) I took tons of photos. The walls were white and Layla's outfit was pale pink, so the color isn't fabulous. I played with my photo editing software though to make the pictures a little crazy, but I think they're neat. It was a great morning and I am lucky to be "Aunt Moncc c ca" to Miss Layla Grace! I ADORE her and Tanner!!!

Enjoy!!




































And because I didn't want Tanner left out and he was a great sport for his sister, here he is too! I "borrowed" this picture Aimee, it was yours obviously! :) It is such a cutie picture!!!!





2 comments:

Joanne said...

Is there anything as precious as an adorable little girl in a pink tutu? The photos are great.... Almost makes me long for a child!

Amber said...

Great photos! I need to take a photography class from you.

-Amber :0)