Thursday, May 15, 2008

Preschool Graduation

Ten years and I still cry like a baby. I say, "I'm use to this. It happens." They come in, they grow up so much, I have to send them on there way. It's my job, it's what I do. It sounds so typical, so easy, so normal and everyday. Then it's time to let go, send them on their journey. I'm the one on my way home crying like a baby.

Now, time to party! 86 days that I don't have to go to work!! Sounds awesome huh??!! Makes everyone want to be a teacher.

I also don't get at least a dozen hugs a day, pictures drawn of me with a big head, pink cheeks and wearing a dress. I don't get to hear stories about weekend adventures like soccer games or swim practice. I don't get told daily that I'm beautiful, that my finger nails are pretty or that I am sweet. I wont get to color with a friend, build a tower, give orders to waitress who can't really write or dictate stories by budding authors. I wont get to sing silly songs, dance with a partner or play duck duck goose. (and yes, I do play) I wont get to put Lego men heads back on or call people silly names like "peanut", "cookie monster", "munchkin", "little dude" or "tootie frutie". (I find my grown up friends don't appreciate it so much, I wonder why?) I don't get to hear giggles because of a song about peanut butter on your underwear or mend broken hears because someone has said "you can't come to my birthday party". I probably wont be asked to tie shoes, take glue caps off or be told someone is in need of more stickers & construction paper this summer.

I will go to the lake to ride on the boat and swim with my family at least once a week. I'll go camping to the lake in the camper with Andy. I'm going on a cruise with Andy, the beach with my Mom and to the mountains with my girl gang. I'm going to read at least 35 books, at least. I'll watch old movies and new movies. I'll go shopping with my Mom. I'll get together with old friends and go on lunch dates with new ones. I'll make baby curtains for my nursery, paint trees on the walls in there with my friend (or maybe I'll just watch her) and wait on my phone to ring from a birthmom. I'll get a tan, I will walk in my neighborhood and listen to my favorite music on Itunes. I'll play tons of Wii games with Mr. Andy. I'll play golf. I'll sleep late, ahhh yes, I'll sleep late!

I'm excited about all of that, I do so love summer.

Nothing can make up for the tight hugs, sticky kisses and daily I love yous from my kids at school though!!

86 Days of laziness, fun and summer.
86 Days of not going to work, no schedule and no big commitments.

*Sigh* Ahhh summer, it is truly bittersweet!

1 comments:

aimee said...

I have not been sad or gotten teary eyed until I just read this. We truly have such a wonderful job. I hate when they have to grow up and leave.