Monday, November 05, 2007

Magic Kingdom
Day two of our Disney W
eekend



Thankfully we woke up to find Steve was as good as new! After breakfast muffins in our room, we were off! We took the monorail from the TTC, you just KNOW you're at WDW when you hear the monorail spill.... I LOVE IT!!

We headed down Main Street where we had the place pretty much to ourselves! We were there pretty early. We headed to Tomorrowland and straight on Buzz. (I kicked Andy's rear!) We moved to People Mover, Carousel of Progress and then on to Fantasyland. We rode Pooh (the lines were still really short and only about 10-15 minutes), Snow White, saw Philharmagic, Peter Pan and Small World. We headed back to Cosmic Rays for lunch. (Where somewhere I missed Terry's phone call for lunch, dang it!)




Then it was on to Hall of Presidents, Haunted Mansion and the Tiki Room. We got fast passes for Jungle Boat (by now the lines were L O N G and it was VERY crowded) and waited to ride Pirates. They walked through Swiss Family Tree House while I watched the parade in there too. Oh we fit Country Bears in there somewhere too -

Then it was time for dinner @ Crystal Palace. Great buffet (yeah Amber, a Disney buffet... I know, I know...but we really like this one) and tons of fun!! Of course I wanted my picture made with everyone again, though we'd just eaten there last month! :) I'm a big kid!!

We came out for a little shopping and then went back for Monsters. We missed Stitch, it was closed. We chose to skip Spectromagic (even though I LOVE it) and rode the Riverboat. Andy still loves that thing, just like my Dad. Silly boys - (A little boy decided he wanted to go home with Andy and kept holding his arms up for Andy to pick him up, too funny!) Then we decided since we were headed back in an hour after the fireworks, we'd get wet! We rode Splash Mountain, toooo fun!! We forget how much we LOVE that ride, it's a big time favorite. I just can't stand being wet all day, so we don't ride it much anymore!



We got off in time to find a great spot for the fireworks and have a magical end to our evening!! (It was super foggy from showers of rain and the fireworks were sometimes hit behind the fog, it was a wierd but neat effect)



It was a really great trip. I'd been really nervous about riding for 8 hours to just spend 2 days, but it was 110% worth it. I now know that if we can only go for a weekend trip, I'll be fine and appreciate any time I have there!! It was nice to see Shades again, it's kind of like an old friend. It was also fun to take family who hadn't been in so long. We can't wait to go back with the whole Tanner clan in 2009 and take the kiddos!





2 comments:

Joanne said...

15 minutes for Pooh, wow! I've never seen it that short. That's amazing! I love the fog photos...neat!

Amber said...

That sound exhausting!!!