Saturday, November 24, 2007

I'm thankful...

As this long Thanksgiving weekend is coming quickly to a close, I guess I should officially blog what I'm thankful for. Of course, there's no way to mention it all because I am truly blessed. Here's a good start though of things great & small.

-a loving, always there, forgiving, all knowing, compassionate God! (with a creative sense of humor)

-my kind, funny, smart, patient, tender hearted, easy going and designed just for me husband

-my generous, loving, fun and amazing parents

-my Grandmother & a place where she gets amazing attention & care, we know she's loved

-the love of a Grand Daddy that's no longer here on Earth, but whose influence will always remain

-the love of a MawMaw & PawPaw that instilled the difference between right & wrong, the importance of going to Church and obeying God and reminded me every minute that they could that I was loved

-an extended family all around on all sides that are wonderful, loving, fun and special to us

-a house to call my own filled with things I'm blessed enough to buy (including new carpet, no matter how much work it's involving - he he he)

-our pets, the comfort of a warm & fuzzy friend does wonders for the soul

-friends who make me laugh, love me no matter what & make time for me .. share the same values, bring new opinions and outlooks, keep in touch often and generally make life brighter .. friends who share things and insights that can eventually change your life -

-friends who aren't geographically close, but close at heart...who are there for fun & encouragement, who find "face" time when they can and I couldn't imagine life without

-food to eat, money to buy groceries and eat out

-two vehicles that are good to us and get us where we want and need to go

-the ability to afford vacations, time away with just Andy or with our families, it's often times I live for!

-my computer & the internet... it keeps me connected to so many people I love and opens a world of information at my fingertips, think about how amazing it really is

-my job.. and it's not just any job...but a place to work where I get to (and am suppose to) share the love of God, have fun, play games, watch children learn new things, work with amazing people who become great friends and know it's a place building the future

-my kiddos, my students, my babies! I love them with my whole heart, they make me laugh & even cry. They give themselves and make me a better person. I'm thankful for parents who open their lives & hearts to share their kids with me and the family we become together.

**air conditioning, heat, ice for drinks, Coca Cola, fresh fruit, warm snuggly blankets, soft pillows, Disney World & the magic it makes me feel, rocking chairs on big front porches, music of all kinds, Church, big tables for large gatherings of those we love, big extended families and the fun they bring, candles that make my house smell yummy, fall leaves, crisp mornings made for sweaters, scarves & coffee, antique stores, used book stores, places to visit that feel like a home away from home, good neighbors, big rowdy family get togethers and small intimate ones, cameras to capture memories, books to read & the ability to do so, worn Bibles that show they've been read and read and read and read, flip flops for summer, the lake and afternoons spent there with family & friends, our camper and the awesome chance for getting away that it provides us with, Christmas lights around town, stores decorated for the Holidays with music playing and excitement in the air, high school football games on Friday nights, the sound of waves constantly when you're at the beach, giggles of children having fun, hugs from kids & wet kisses from babies, stingrays you can hand feed, dolphins you are allowed to give a kiss on the nose too, homemade gifts, warm cookies with a cold glass of milk, memories of days and friends gone by, dreams of things to come-**


1 comments:

Traci said...

Great list!!!