Thursday, November 08, 2007

Reading Blog - Part 3
Fall Reading

I'm sure that some of you are bored silly when I write my book reading blogs, but it's all mine. So here goes! I ended with the end of July and introducing my NEWEST favorite author, Denise Hildreth. Her 3 Savannah books are all by FAR my favorite reads of the past entire year!! If you don't read anything I recommend, check out those books and Mary Kay Andrews. You can't go wrong with either author!! (Mary Kay Andrews was my last year favorite author)



In August I read 9 books. They were all good, but the two worth mentioning were the other two in the Savannah series. So, enough about that. READ THEM!!



In September I read 9 books. Top 2 would be:

"The Quickie" - James Patterson ... Very good! Lots of things going on in this one and it's fast paced as always!!
"You've Been Warned" - James Patterson ... This one is strange. It's all over the place and there is SO much going on. It's not like anything he's written before. I liked it, but it's VERY different.


In October I read 7 books. Here are the worth discussing...

My least favorite book that I've read in a long, long time is "The Jane Austen Book Club" by: Karen Joy Fowler. I was soooo disappointed. I LOVE Jane Austen and most books & movies about her. Since this movie looks great, I thought I'd like the book. It took me weeks to read and it's a fairly short book. I couldn't just stop, so I plugged along. There are SO many characters in it with so many more characters in their lives. Then they refer to all of Jane's books with all their characters too. It's just too much to keep up with for me. Ugh!

I found another GREAT author! I randomly picked up a book in Target that looked fun, thank heavens I gave it a shot! "Confessions of a Shopoholic" by: Sophie Kinsella .. What a hoot! She is from England and they remind me alot of the Bridget Jones books & movies. The main character is a single girl who loves to shop. She's in huge debt, but goes on being able to justify any purchase she makes. She NEEDS everything she buys. (I can relate) They are great books, about 5 I think. (I've since read another and can't wait to buy the 3rd)

"Knit Together" by Debbie Macomber was another good book. It's a devotional type book, true story and inspiring. She's an awesome romance writer and it was great to get this look inside her life and faith. I enjoyed it alot, read it slowly like a devotion book.

"The Choice" by Nicholas Sparks. His books are always great, he's always been a favorite author. This book is just as good as the others. I don't want to say much, it's something you need to read for yourself if you enjoy him. I can say this though, I would think it could cause some controversy. It makes me think about a certain topic and if I had been in the situation that the characters find themselves in recently, it would really upset me. Great book, very thought provoking. (Did I spell that right?)

"Harry Potter & the Deathly Hollows" by JK Rowling. I wont say too much, I wont spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it yet. Well, I waited long enough to read this one, right? Seriously though, WOW. Great book!! I had planned on reading all the others again before reading this one, I just couldn't bring myself to make time though. This is my favorite book of them all, hands down. Usually it takes me awhile to get really into the story and remember whose who. This one had me from the first page, I LOVED it! The ending was classic, great great job!!!



Read on dear friends, read on!!

0 comments: