Monday, October 29, 2007



Weekends were meant for Disney!

We just returned from a whirlwind weekend trip to our favorite place, Disney World!! We finally talked Andy's brother Steve and his wife Teresa into going with us! We left on Thursday when I was finished with school and returned yesterday. (Sunday) I was a little worried about an 8 hour trip down and back, with only two full days to have fun! I HATE to ride in the car!! It was SO VERY worth it though, I'm SO GLAD we went!!

We really did have a great trip down. We made bunches of stops (as usual) and were still there in just over 8 hours, not too bad. We checked in at Shades of Green in no time. They are getting ready for the PGA tournament coming this weekend, the golf course was closed for the time being. There was all kinds of activity, decorations, etc... as they were getting ready. It made Andy & I REALLY wish we could be there for it!! For the first time in our 7 stays there, we were not on the golf course. That made us a little sad, but since we weren't there AT ALL really - it didn't matter! Our balcony did however look at the Mickey pool and that was nice.

Friday: We went to MGM! We were there even before the park opened and that was a first for us! We were able to see the little "opening ceremony" and that's cute. Then it was wide open!! We headed onto the Great Movie Ride first and walked right in, I love that thing! Then we headed to the back of the park that was totally empty, amazing! We saw the Muppets 4D and then headed to the BackLot Tour. After the first section of the backlot tour, we were headed to the tram. We were walking through the prop house and I saw them.... just ahead....

It was the DREAM TEAM!!!! We were at the right place, at the right time, AGAIN!! We got for the first time, dream fast passes!!! WOOOOO WHOOOOOO!!!!!!! What a way to make the weekend extra special!!

After the BackLot tour we were headed to the Tower of Terror. My brother in law gets motion sick (worse than me, if you can imagine that) and we were a little worried about the tower, but he did GREAT! It was fantastic, fast passes rock! Then we headed to Rockin' Roller Coaster, but it was closed for the time being. We headed to the Animation walk through & Little Mermaid instead. Then it was the Walt walk through, a bite of lunch in there somewhere and they rode Star Tours. (I can't do that one, makes me SICK) We saw Indiana Jones and then Sounds Dangerous. (Hadn't done that in Y E A R S)



I'm the only nut in my family with my eyes open!! Of course I'm also screaming and holding on for dear life. That is my brother in law and sister in law clutching each other for dear life next to me by the way. And Andy, Lord bless him. He closes his eyes on EVERYTHING we ride!!

I'm so ready for the Toy Story ride to be open and wish they'd come up with a plan for the empty spot where that audience participation show was ages ago. That has been empty for YEARS!

We had dinner reservations @ Sci-Fi that evening and had just enough time to get back to Rockin' Roller Coaster before dinner. My BIL assured us he'd be fine, he does roller coasters well. It's my favorite roller coaster in the world, I LOVE it!!! He on the other hand, didn't hold up so hot! Ooops!!!! We almost killed the poor man! After dinner, which was even better than the last few times we'd eaten there, it was time to call it a day and head back. There was standing room only @ Fantasmic, so we didn't see it. I bought another poster from that oldies stuff store. (What's the name? I love that place!) It's a "Fox & the Hound" movie poster, too fun!


When we got back Andy & I hit the ice cream shop and sat on the balcony for a little bit. The perfect ending to a great day. It was super cloudy all day, but didn't rain a drop on us! The weather was in the upper 70's and it was fantastic!! The crowds were super low, even if we hadn't had the fast passes! Great, great day!! (A little ripple there at the end for my BIL, but he survived. Although barely-)

1 comments:

Amber said...

Sid Calahougas (or something like that).