Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mother's Day Tea

I haven't blogged in ages and have so much to say....... I put so much on Facebook, but really enjoy blogging as well. So.... here's a recap~ Carpal tunnel took over my right hand, who knew that happens in pregnancy sometimes? It is better this week, but the only thing that sets it off is ..... typing! So that's why the lack of blogging posts, I promise to go back and catch up.... Slowly, but surely. I have been on bed rest, a modified plan, since last Tuesday. The blood pressure wasn't pretty at all. I was given permission to return to preschool two days this week. So.... I jumped back in "the deep end" with going back for our Mother's Day Tea!!

The bulletin board has our "Mom questions" on it and it's one of my favorite things to do with the kids. I do it for our Donuts with Dad as well. I love sitting down and just chatting with the kids, it's a hoot! Here are some of my favorite things.....


How old is your Mom? 50- 4 - 15


Why did God make Mom's? to drive us to school, so they can tuck us in at night, so they can have more babies


What makes your Mom happy? me!, huggin' her, when I behave at school


What does your Mom do while your at school? goes to the bank, just lays down and rests because she walks at night, she goes to Target, she works and makes money selling girl scout cookies


When does your Mom look pretty? in her dresses, when she wears her make-up, in her pajamas, I like the way she looks - I just like to stand back and look at her


I love when my Mom? takes me to get ice cream, flies kites with me, tucks me in and reads to me at night, is nice, fixes my toys when they are broken

They also drew picturs of their Mom's. The Mom's had to guess who was who-

Our tables looked like this. The hats we made (they painted them last week) are on the chairs. Gifts on the table and some flower die cuts thrown out for fun. We were going to make something cute out of our napkins, but that didn't happen.




The wrapped things are mugs/cups. I wish I had a picture of them!! I die cut "MOM"with my cricket machine and put their picture in the "O" Then they made finger prints yellow that I turned into bees and green caterpillars. They were then laminated and put into the mugs. So cute!! Oh wait, I have one from last year. I'll post it, just a different color scheme. This year I had pink/green/yellow/white scrapbook paper, pink letters & yellow & green critters. It matched the other "stuff".











It was SO GREAT to be back after being gone a week. I missed my "babies" like crazy. Their hugs, silly stories and smiles absolutely make me feel better instantly! "My Mom's" become my friends every year and I love hanging out with them as well. Some I've had 2 (or 3) times and they become some of my best friends inside and then out of school as well!! I'm so thankful for the amazing "Mommy friends" I've made over the years! They becoming email buddies, lunch/dinner friends, couple friends for Andy and I, Disney traveling buddies, camping buddies and in many cases the best friends ever!!

It was great to be back and the kids already knew I was at "home resting to take care of your baby". So they were really sweet. For now, I'm on the every other day plan. After a day with them (and a nap ;) my blood pressure was just great, so I look forward to Thursday and finishing our year together!!!!! (2 more weeks!)




Speaking of said parent/Mommy become friend, here is one to show how cute the hats look!! :) My awesome friend Andrea (who gave me permission to post this) with her son, M. (I"ve had two of her kiddos) She is wonderful and I love her dearly! Aren't the hats adorable?????

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey Monica,
Hope you are feeling good. Andrea is very sweet. I had her daughter, Avery, many years ago. Such a sweet family. If you need anything, let me know. :)

Terry said...

Monica the hats are darling. Looks like a total success to me.