Monday, April 27, 2009



Andy's Office Shower

Disclaimer: I know, I am soooo far behind in blogging. I have to retrace some and catch up. So, "live from my bedroom" because I'm on "modified" bed rest..... I bring you back a few weeks to the shower at Andy's office!

The people Andy works with are absolutely fantastic. He spends so much time there and traveling with them too, that they are an extended family to him. They have been waiting on us to become parents right along with everyone else. There are two wonderful girls there that are also pregnant and they, along with Andy.... talk "baby" every day. The stories I hear of them "educating" him are so fun. They threw us our fantastic first shower!!



You also have to remember that I have spent years (and years - 9 to be exact) avoiding baby showers at all costs. I skip them whenever possible, making up all sorts of excuses. (true) If I "had" to go, like you nieces I love & adore, it was usually to sit in the back and shed my own jealous tear or two. So this day of OUR first shower for OUR baby is more than I could ever explain!!!


They had adorable decorations....... the balloon that floated in our ceiling for 2 weeks and is still inflated! I think it's too cute!!

Maggianos for lunch, HOLY COW....... ((2 kinds of salad, one had chicken. Cheese ravioli (which I ate for days at home too...) Veal ravioli, spaghetti, bread and two cakes))


Great games.... we played the "don't say baby" pin game, win loose or draw baby style (hilarious) and measure Monica's belly with toilet paper......

Andy's onesie, such a cheater!! It's Ok, cause my team still one!!! :)



They were so sweet & generous with lots of fun baby gifts, soooooo much fun to open! (especially with Andy there too!) Here's a few~





After gifts we cut cakes. Can you believe Andy was cutting right through the little baby booties, ugh!! Boys~ I had to fuss at him, of course someone caught it on my own camera! :) ... and then we made up ;)










Just a sample of the friends there, notice all the men have their phones/black berries in their hands! I have tons of group shots, but wont post 'em all.

The wonderful hostess', they are sooooo sweet and thoughtful. Sgt. Fields, on the left, is having a baby girl in the fall and Sgt. Martin, on the right, is due a few weeks following. (not sure if he's a he or she's a she yet)


All the goodies at home, we just love looking at them. So much fun!!!!! It was a fantastic day shared with Andy and I enjoyed it sooooo much!!


0 comments: