Friday, July 18, 2008

"Some Dreams Take a Little Longer to Come True"
By: Barbara J. Hall
(From the book: I believe in You)

"Perhaps you've poured your heart and soul into a project, but it hasn't flourished as you'd hoped. It hasn't come alive the way you know it can. It hasn't taken on the shape of true success.

Now...don't give up. Sometimes one plan moves slower than another. Sometimes it creeps and crawls along it's path. But just remember, so do caterpillars, and look what they become!

Wait a little longer and you, too, can see that happy ending to your dreams."



My Grandmother bought me this book about 8 years ago now. It has all sorts of short stories and poems. I wrote this one down 4 years ago in my devotional notebook and ran across it flipping through just this week. It's funny how things can bring different meaning to you, depending on the circumstances in your life. This week as I become frustrated that our phone doesn't ring and we don't get emails in the inbox from potential birthmoms, I do take comfort in the fact that it will happen. The best things take time. God does want to bless our lives with a child, we believe that with our whole hearts. I guess what we do in the meantime will be character building for us.

So we pray, wait and take comfort in God's promises.

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


1 comments:

Sincerely Anna said...

I saw the most beautiful butterfly yesterday (Max named her Charlotte) right after I planted some new flowers. Immediately I thought about that caterpillar and how God teaches us so much through his creation.

The waiting is so hard, I know. But when you do get that email or phone call, it will all be so worth it! We're here cheering you on and praying for you!