Friday, July 11, 2008

If the music stops, so will I.....

I knew this would happen. I even told Andy a few weeks ago that it would. Yesterday, it happened.

The Easter Bunny (gotta love that guy) brought me an IPOD shuffle 2 years ago for Easter. It's the tiny small one and I love it. It is PERFECT for taking when I walk in the neighborhood. I have it stuffed full of my favorite music. Everything from musical show tunes, praise music, contemporary Christian, country, rock, southern rock, you name it and it's on there. I have a certain section that is dedicated my "walking music" so that it's all fast paced music that keeps me moving!

A few weeks ago I accidentally pressed the pause button and the music stopped. The music stopped and so did I. I just stood there, dead still. When I realized what had happened, it cracked me up. What? I can't keep walking without music? It seemed that I couldn't. I told Andy, if the battery ever dies while I'm walking, I may never make it home again.

Sure enough... yesterday morning, before I even got out of the front door. It stopped. Battery dead... what's a girl to do? I had things to do and couldn't wait on it to charge. It was walk now or never. I sucked it up and out the door I went. I walked slowly and without purpose, I missed my music. (Can you feel the drama?) I decided I couldn't take it and after just a measly mile, I headed for home. I plugged that sucker in and she's all charged now and ready to go again!

So, what is some of my walking music you ask? You're dying to know I'm sure.. here are some things on the walking music section, not all and in random order.

-A Little Less Conversation -- Elvis
-I Got Rhythm -- From "Girl Crazy"
-Rock N Roll All Night -- Kiss
-Some Days You Gotta Dance -- Dixie Chicks
-I Believe -- Wes King
-Little Good Byes -- SheDaisy
-Come Together -- Third Day
-Leaving Tonight on a Freight Train -- Kinchafoonee Cowboys
-Livin' for Jesus -- Third Day
-Redneck Yacht Club -- Craig Morgan
-C'mon Feel The Noise -- Quiet Riot
-Catchafire (Whoopsi Daisy) -- Toby Mac
-I Love Rock N Roll -- Joan Jett
-Come on Back to Me -- Third Day
-Mountain of God -- Third Day
-Thank You -- 33 Miles
-Mighty to Save -- HillSong
-What Kind of Gone -- Chris Cagle
-Made to Worship - -- Chris Tomlin
-You Are So Good to Me -- Third Day
-Our Song -- Taylor Swift
-Call My Name -- Third Day
-Dive -- Steven Curtis Chapman
-"Trolley Song" -- From Meet me in St. Louis
-Beyond the Sea -- Bobby Darin
-Aint No Mountain High Enough -- Diana Ross
-I Wont Dance -- Frank Sinatra
-Summertime -- Kenny Chesney
-Jungle Love -- Steve Miller Band
-When the Rain Comes -- Third Day
-Back in Black -- AC/DC
-These Thousand Hills -- Third Day

2 comments:

aimee said...

I have to have my ipod as well to walk, however my fast paced music is VERY different from your yours. It is more like outcast and rage against the machine.

Terry said...

there is NO way i can walk w/o my Ipod, call me a baby, but it's true...I have two, one for back up!
I know, baby, baby, baby!!! lol