Tuesday, May 12, 2009

First 'almost official' Mother's Day



(Someday I will totally catch up blogging, someday. Meanwhile, let's talk about Mother's Day)

If you know Andy & I very well, you know about our trading vehicle obsession. My Dad owned a used car lot most of my life and well, I had different vehicles all the time. Funny that I meet Andy who has the same obsession, with no excuse! Let me throw in here we are BOTH on our 14th ;)

It's technically "my turn" to trade at our house, but the thing was..... I loved my Durango. I traded the bug (which I also loved) for it 3 years ago and have shouted from the tree tops that it was by far one of my top favorite vehicles of all time. It was a 2003, in very good condition and the most comfortable thing to drive/ride in. It was huge to haul my "stuff" to and from school and it already knew it's way to Disney World & Port Canaveral and back.

We have been talking about me trading for one a little newer, but I was so content that we decided there was no reason. We put brand new tires on my "beastie" and all was well. On Friday night we had a discussion that although newer would be fun and nice, mine was great to hang in there until a new year.

Saturday morning Andy takes it to get the transmission serviced, so it'll be all ready for hauling around a new baby. Meanwhile I talk to my brother in law on the phone (who has the same vehicle obsession and had just traded trucks AND bought a camper without telling his wife last week!) He, randomly, says "how do you know Andy wont come home with a new transmission, wrapped in a new vehicle. (After all Andy traded twice without telling me, came back once from a work trip to Arkansas in a new truck, on our anniversary) I assured Mike that we'd talked about it the night before and Andy wouldn't do it this time.........

Naturally, an hour later Andy pulls back in.......without my Durango!

He tells me that I am going to make the best Mom ever (he is so sweet) and he wants me to have something newer and better to start my Mommy job and driving around a new baby (or babies). So he traded for a beautiful 2007 Durango. It is a little bigger than the older one, taller which makes getting in & out quite an adventure at 9 months preggers. It is so pretty, red is my favorite color! It's soooo perfect, even more so than the other one. My Dad even looked it over and said "So you got a brand new one" It is so perfect inside and out. I am thrilled with my much newer "Beastie" and so very thankful for a sweet, sweet husband!!!!!!!!!! I'm a blessed, blessed woman!!!

5 comments:

aimee said...

I love your Durango....It looks exactly the same as Luke and Naomi. Same color and everything. I love it. You are going to be the BEST mom and I am so very excited to see what all God has in store for you and your growing family!!!!

cathy said...

Love the Durango! Beautiful Color!

Amber said...

You guys are crazy about your cars. :0)

Anonymous said...

Unless that's a tater tot under your shirt, this is your first real official mothers day ;) Bask in it!

Traci said...

And I thought getting a new laptop was cool!

Nice car Monica Mommy.