Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Vampire's Beware!




Tonight I made green bean casserole as part of our supper. We both love it, as does most of our family. It's one of my Mom's favorite foods, she can eat just that for a meal. I digress.... There is a story here, work with me through the recipe.....

Tonight I made green bean casserole and the recipe goes like this:

Mix together:
2 cans of drained green beans
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup of milk OR 1 extra can of cream of mushroom soup (I use soup instead of milk)
2/3 lg. can of french fried onions (cheapie generic brand are best)
dash of salt, pepper and garlic

Pour into casserole dish and bake on 350 for about 35ish minutes, add remaining french fried onions. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes until french fried onions start to brown.

Ok... I tell you all of this to say... I went to sprinkle my garlic powder tonight. I didn't look at it as I popped one side of the lid and sprinkled, all over. As the garlic smell almost made me pass out on the spot, I turned to look. I had "sprinkled" with the side of the jar that is for pouring, not sprinkling. HOLY MOLY!! I tried to dump, scrape, spoon out as much as possible. What can you do, I cooked it anyway.

Whewwww weeeee... there were bites that had so much it could kill you, other bites weren't so bad. Needless to say Andy has brushed his teeth, twice now I think and has chewed half a pack of gum. He said "normally I'd take just that for lunch tomorrow, but what if I had a meeting?" The remaining casserole got tossed tonight. We wont have to worry about vampire's getting us in our sleep, we're protected by a fog of garlic at the Tanner house!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I could tell you cooking stories that would make you laugh. Fortunantely...Scott likes eating and doesn't let taste slow him down ;)

Amber said...

Ha ha - that's gross!