Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas Eve & Christmas Day




Christmas Eve morning Andy & I went to Mike & Faye's house for breakfast. It's tradition and yummy! My sister in law is a fantastic cook! We opened presents and both boys got new golf clubs. Matching Taylor Made Drivers.. I'm sharing a picture of the two boys with their toys. Of course Andy has TWO in his hand because he bought himself one of those. Then Mike & Faye gave him a new super duper putter. They hit golf balls in the backyard, boys will be boys. It was a great morning of food, fellowship and family!

Christmas Eve evening we went to dinner with Mom & Dad. It was definitely different compared to our typical tradition when we use to spend the evening with my Grand parents too. Breaks my heart! We returned back to Mom & Dad's for presents and hanging out.

Christmas morning we woke up to find Santa had visited! We are both big kids and love to see what Santa brings. As tradition has it, I got a letter from Santa. Those are my favorite part of Christmas Day! Here are the goodies he left for Andy. The Tigger in the picture is mine from my class this year. They gave it to me with Disney Dollars for our trip this week!! He got a new Callaway golf bag, 2 head covers, a golf towel, cologne, a book, running clothes, golf balls, golf tees and stocking goodies. The picture of me with my goodies was blurry, but I got lots of neat stuff too! Including the new bigger lense for my big digital camera, a fun icee/slushie/smoothie maker, movies, a very special book and stocking goodies. Some new and some not so new. Silly Santa!! (Andy had already bought a new driver for himself and he bought me a new smaller digital camera)




Oh and never fear Santa left a goodie for Gizmo too! Sadly the girls got left out this year, I don't know what Santa was thinking! I'm sure it was a mishap and they were treated to all sorts of special treats this week! We felt horrible!











I didn't share this earlier, but here is a picture of a special gift that I got this year from a family at school. It looks like a typical version of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle. It doesn't look that special, does it?! It is though!! It is an autographed copy!!! Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE books, I'm pretty obsessive about it. (Just read some of my previous blogs) I am just as obsessive about children's books, I LOVE them!! So to give me an autographed copy of one of my favorite authors, well.... what could be better?! I was super thankful! This sweet family went to see Eric Carle when he visited the High Museum of Art in Atlanta. Come to find out Mr. Carle is 75 this year and going to start seriously limiting his guest appearances and book signings. I feel very special that they thought of doing this for me!!

1 comments:

Amber said...

How do you keep changing your background color? I think I need to go to "Monica's blog school".