Monday, April 09, 2007

Cancer Stinks:

So there is a couple that was part of our Sunday School class. We have only been "back home" (at the church we grew up at) for the past 6 months or so. Only attending Sunday School a hand full of times. We'd been told about this family when we were there and continually updated through friends, church and a website.

Why was this family so special you ask? Because although she was about the same age as me... she was battling cervical cancer. While I am out working on scrapbooks, watching movies, having fun with my preschoolers, playing golf, going on vacations and enjoying life... she, the same age as me, is fighting a battle for her life! Ugh! I just HATE the stuff!!!! Cancer stinks, it's evil, cruel and has no rhyme or reason.

I know they are making great strides in how to prevent it and ways to treat it. But... it's just not enough. Too many people, young and old, end up with this stupid junk!

She was my age and this morning, after 16 months of fighting cervical and breast cancer, she left behind a one year old little boy, a four year old little girl who has cystic fibrosis and an amazing husband...as she went on to heaven.

I have never met her, but understand she was a HUGE woman of faith. She knew where she was going and although didn't want to leave her family behind, she was at peace knowing she'd soon be with God. She had an amazing spirit up until the end I hear.

How in the world people survive that don't believe in heaven is beyond me. Beyond me! How do you say goodbye to someone if you don't believe that they are going to meet God and that you will see them again? How, how, how can people cope? How can you look at a new born baby and not know that it's a gift from God? How can you look in the sky at a rainbow or stand on the beach and admire the handy work of God and think it all just happens on it's own? How can you look at your life and how blessed you are, not believing in a God to say thank you to?


Unbelievable that there are still people who don't believe -
Thankfully I am surrounded by friends and family who do -

And for the record cancer stinks and I hate it!



1 comments:

Traci said...

Monica, cancer doesn't stink......it FRICKEN SUCKS!!!!

I'm sorry for the loss her family will endure for the rest of their lives.