Monday, August 21, 2006

Cricket Salad!!

Want to hear something grosser than gross? Remember that old line from your childhood? Well, bring it ba
ck!! Saturday night Andy & I decided to have dinner @ the Applebee's in Hiram. We've only eaten there once since it's opened, we forget it's there. I found three things that I was ready to try and finally chose one. We made plans to come back soon and try the others! We had a great waiter who knew what "extra lemons" meant and was very attentive. We both ordered Caesar salads that arrived speedy quick~ We were chattin' and eatin'... both of us had taken about 2 bites. I was stirring and looked down (thank the Lord!) to find a cricket, belly up and looking back up at me!! Yep, seems I had a cricket salad!

Thankfully there were no words to come, I couldn't speak...much less scream. I showed Andy my bowl and he began to turn green immediately. (He's squimish as it is) He said "we're outta here". We chose to flag down our waiter and point out my little multi-legged friend. He said he was so sorry & couldn't believe it. Before further action could be taken (surely a manager came to find us?) we flew the scene. Andy was ready to RUN out the door.

Needless to say, I wont be getting those dishes that I looked forward to at Applebee's. Andy says that he doesn't know if he'll ever be able to order a salad out again. We went on to Chili's where we had a nice dinner, both of us searching through each and every item brought our way~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Applebee's is one my favorite restaurants......now I'm rethinking that. bleh

monica said...

Andy has been in Jekyll Island for several days now and when he goes out to dinner with friends, he wont eat a salad. Said he got one the first night and just stared at it, dug through it. He can't do it. Tells them not to bring one now. I'm not quite that bad about salad, but I'm staying clear of Applebee's. I emailed them a complaint and they said someone would reach me by phone this week, they haven't yet. We'll see.