Saturday, February 14, 2009


My Friday the 13th

When I went to the doctor last week I was anticipating them saying it was time for the glucose test and she surely didn't disappoint. It was time. I decided to go yesterday and prepared a few days before trying to really watch what I ate and stay clear of sugar. I'm not sure if it helped or not, we'll see. I got there relatively early and got the "red" fruit punch flavor. I have to say that after all the talk of "it's horrible", "hold your nose", "it's so sugary it makes ya sick"... blah, blah, blah. I was surprised to find it tasted a lot like Hawaiian Punch to me and I liked it just fine, nice and cold no problem!

I had a book to keep me entertained and the hour wasn't really that bad. They took blood and I was on my way. My biggest fear in all of this is failing and having to do the long test. Not because I'm afraid of having gestational diabetes mind you, I'm afraid of the test. I'm afraid of fasting for 12 hours, going there to sit for 4 more. I MUST eat the second I get up in the morning. I'm known to eat an appetizer cracker or fruit before I have time to fix actual breakfast. I get a headache, sickie and such if I wait long at all. So, the thought of not eating is what has me terrified. Nutty huh?! I have to wait until Wednesday to find out if I passed the 'ole test or not. My doctor office uses a Lab Corp location right behind their office and I have to wait until the results get back to the doctor. So lots of prayers said and we'll see what happens.

Moving on......

Then I went shopping!!

I picked up lunch on the way and headed to the mall. If you've heard me mention the mall at all in the past handful of years, you'll know I hate it. I use to love the mall, shopping, window shopping, whatever. Andy & I spent 'a many a' evenings going to eat and then just walking around the mall. The last few years I've gotten old and crabby I guess and have no desire to walk around aimlessly fighting crowds and unruly teens. I go only when necessary.

The necessity arrives when no where carries very many maternity clothing items anymore. What is with that? Where are we suppose to shop? So I headed to the mall to Motherhood for some much needed garb.

Meanwhile I'd seen one of those handy American Cookie Company stands and was already dreaming of a cheesecake brownie!! I use to love those things and couldn't wait. Or a pecan chewie cookie or piece of cookie cake or ... maybe one of all!! (after all I'd watched the sweets and deserved a treat right?) I dreamed of my goodies and came out of Motherhood only to find the Cookie Company there only takes Cash? What are you, kidding me? Who carries cash these days, sadly never ever me! I was heart broken. I asked the little teeny bopper, are you SERIOUS? They were.... and on I went, without a beloved cookie.

I did take another few minutes to run in Baby/Kid Gap. Trouble I know! I can't resist clearance racks and found the cutest shirts ever. The blue onesie, blue plaid shirt (how cute is it?) and the orange shirt with fake blue one underneath were all $4.99 each!! A bargain for sure!! All denim was buy one get one 1/2 off and I ended up with 2 pairs of jeans, 2 sizes. They're precious! And then I found my way to the (not on sale) summer swim wear. I found swim trunks, a swim shirt & hat that match and are too fun!! With my parents pool getting water in it on Monday and a for sure Disney trip in our future, I couldn't wait to buy those fun things!!! The afghan in the background there is one my Mom made.



I escpaed the mall and headed to Joann's, oh the joy of a craft store! I spent an hour and a half roaming around and looking. I ended up with yarn for another blanket, I'm already about finished with one. The colors I bought this time match the swing, stroller, etc.. stuff I want so I thought that was fun. I also got material to make two little blankets, so fun! I love the monkeys, the green & brown is adorable. Then the retro 70 style cowboy material was too awesome to pass up!! I also walked out with letter's to spell "Cole" and a few other random small items. I love that place, good thing I don't go over there often!!



I decided to call it quits shopping before I found more trouble and headed back home, via a stop at my parents house. Where we sat outside a little bit and enjoyed the last few minutes of wonderful, glorious, warm sunshine before the clouds came in.

My Friday the 13th was wonderful, not scary a bit!! And now a long 3 day weekend with Andy at home for it all, good times I tell ya!!

6 comments:

misty said...

I'm sure your test will be fine. But, if you have to retake it don't panic. I did with Logan, but only because I ate too close to taking the test. I had the yummy orange drink and it wasn't bad at all. It was just sitting there forever that did me in. I went to my car and napped for most of it. In the end it all turned out fine.

I love all your little clothes. Skye had those same tiny GAP jeans and both of the boys wore them as well. I've put them up to pass down to the next generation one day. Bluejeans are a timeless classic that can be worn forever! I love to pull them out and remember how tiny they were.

Amber said...

Baby jeans are the best!

Janell said...

i did fail my one hour test and had to do the 3 hour...luckily i passed it. i will say...it is no fun whatsoever. the stuff is like 10X sweeter and the whole not eating thing got to me too!

good luck...i bet you'll pass with flying colors.

maternity clothes.....what a struggle. there are none within a 20 mile radius of hiram/dallas unless you go to motherhood. i will have some i can pass to you in a few weeks!

and i know what you mean about the clearance racks at gap and gymboree. OMG! they're deadly. this girl is gonna have more clothes than she will ever wear!

glad you had a good day. oh...and the cookie kiosk up in the food court does take plastic...i treated myself to a cookie there last week. ;)

monica said...

Dang the girl that told me no, I will go back and get a cheesecake brownie.... and beat her senseless. Don't tell a pregnant woman no to a cookie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wendy said...

Girl, you have got to stop buying so there are items left to buy you at all those baby showers! :-) I love the monkey meterial though! Do you sew? And I am with you - I can not pass up good deals, Doug just does not understand this! You should have told that teeny bopper at the cookie place "You are saying NO to a pregnant woman who wants a cookie? Are you crazy?" :-)

beckylbranch said...

Wow! I was just reading your story on your blog...very encouraging. I have been married for, well, it will be 8 years in August. I'm so ready for a baby and we've tried several things...but I know that God is in control and hasn't forgotten! I look forward to following your journey and congratulations on your little miracle guy! Becky