Saturday, July 07, 2007

One man's trash
is another man's treasure

Before we moved out of our last house, we had a yard sale. It was almost 6 years ago now. We made some extra money and got rid of some junk. Andy laughed at me because I put a plastic fish bowl out there full of marbles, it was $1 or $2. The very first person that pulled up, an older woman .. rushed straight down the driveway to grab the fish bowl of marbles like it was just what she was looking for. She was so excited with her little find and I told Andy "HA!"

We had another yard sale when we actually got moved in and all settled here, about 5 & 1/2 years ago. No marbles that time though.

We've been putting stuff in the basement for years saying we'd have another yard sale, we keep putting it off. We have donated truck loads of stuff twice, just to skip the yard sale work. I've worked for two weeks cleaning the house inside out & upside down looking for stuff to get rid of. Today was the day! It just happens to be the first day all summer it's rained at our house on and off all day, but I digress.

Somehow I ended up with a gallon Ziploc bag of, you guessed it, marbles! "Here we go again" Andy says while rolling his eyes. At 7:50AM our first shopper arrives. An older gentleman by himself. He walks around and wants the set of crutches (that I almost tossed) and then he goes for .... wanta guess? .... Yep, the marbles. First customer, my $2.00 bag of marbles sold again!!


3 comments:

Amber said...

Am I the first to say that "Monica has lost her marbles?" ;0)

Or, more accurately, Monica should stop buying marbles!

Kingmsmn67 said...

I was going to say that those old people were buying more because they already had lost thier first set

monica said...

I agree that the question is WHY I keep buying so many in the first place??? Some of them are from me using them in the bottom of the fish tank, but I keep winding up with TONS of them ... odd.....

Andy says "somewhere in Paulding County there are now two very happy old people sitting around playing with their marbles.....