Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Temper

You've seen the pictures, but here they are again... with a few more just for fun. My son, has a temper. It's just a fact. He came into the world screaming.....

Exhibit A


Granted most babies come into the world screaming. I wonder if 3 months later they are all having outbursts randomly just to see what Mommy & Daddy will do?!

He's had these outbursts randomly from time to time since he was about a month old. Typically you know one is coming if he's tired or hungry. That's when babies are supposed (suppose? Supposed? I don't know!) to cry, I completely understand their need to communicate this.

Exhibit B

His first bath. Let's just say it didn't go "swimmingly"!!




Ok, just kidding. I know, I know. He is allowed to scream through his first bath, it's scary!!


Exhibit C




What you don't see here is that he was laying there playing with me, all smiles. 1/2 a second later this is what happened. He gets bored with me and instead of politely saying "Mommy I'm really tired of that toy you are dangling there and that little voice you are using, please let me have alone time" ... He goes nuts!



Speaking of nuts...

His Daddy says he "nuts up" or is "nuttin' up" or he's had a "nut up"...... Daddy's words.....


Exhibit D

This time we have all the photo evidence.....

He's laying with Daddy playing happily, talking, smiling, just enjoying boy time.....





But wait a half second later we have it coming.....
(Yes, I see the bib.... )



And there it is, seriously folks this was all in about 2 seconds.... he goes from smiles to purple in minutes!!!!!!!





You want to ask.... are you sure he's not hurting? Maybe it's a tummy ache? Maybe he's really tired? Maybe he's growing and needs more to eat?

People - HE JUST GETS ANGRY!

A few weeks ago I was sitting on the couch with him, Andy was cutting grass. Cole had eaten a bottle, burped and all was right in the world. Within seconds he went bonkers on me. I thought I'd hurt an arm picking him up wrong. I hugged him, he screamed. I laid him down to be sure his arms & legs moved, he was fine. I tried to lay him on his tummy, his back, rocked, swayed, bounced, talked, sang, jiggled, swaddled, unswaddled, changed his diaper... I was ready to go get Andy and say SOMETHING IS WRONG.....

Instead... I decided to take him to our bathroom and put him in his bouncy seat, turned on the exhaust fan (b/c doesn't every baby like that noise? mine does) And within a second, he went from that face up there.... to a seriously happily smiling, babbling baby .... no joke!

His Daddy holds him and dances around the house like an Indian (feather, not dot ... I know not politically correct, but I needed you to get the picture) and he chants. Cole usually stops crying. Me... nope I go for naked time in the floor (Cole, not me!) , Cole loves being naked. Or I go for the bouncy seat and exhaust fan in the bathroom! Sometimes laying in his big bed with the mobile will do the trick. *sigh* Whatever works right??

*Had to come back and add the little sweetheart also holds his breath when he's angry. Turns pretty shades of purple and you have to blow in his face to get him to breath again, fun huh?! HE HE HE*

.......

And if you don't believe me... Feel free to ask Amy McFarland Houseworth, her sweet sister Cathy, either of their children and wonderful Ms.Dian. THEY didn't believe it either, even said that... until he showed them that wonderful little temper last week. Had to make believers outta them! .... Or his Granny & Grumpy, he doesn't just do these little fits for us...he lets everyone have a shot. Mimi, Pappy and some cousins got a taste yesterday too. Yes, we want everyone to see the little love bug at his finest.


Yeah you know this post was written in fun. Although he does have a huge temper, the thing is you never know when it's coming, there are no warning signs. He is absolutely the sweetest and happiest baby in the world 99% of the time. I wouldn't even say he's a fussy baby, he just has a few moments. He smiles at everyone, loves to "talk" all the time, laughs out loud and is the sunshine in our lives!! (temper and all)

7 comments:

misty said...

Yes, yes my little Logan was just the same way! And you know how he turned out! He's my "highly sensitive" child. I have a great book for you when he gets a little older if he starts exhibiting sensitivity issues :) But if it's anger management you need, well I think Skye would be more helpful being a teenager and all.

Janell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janell said...

boy, i can relate. miss addi shows her little temper on a daily basis.

that last pic makes me giggle. he looks so mad.

cathy said...

Yes, I was an Eye witness! I would have never beleived it. Even though he turns purple he is still a cutie!!

Amber said...

Naked time - ha!

Wendy said...

I am laughing so hard reading this!! I love the "I go for the naked on the floor, NOT ME, Cole" - I died laughing!! Well at least he has a unique quality, you can say that for him :-) He gets happy as fast as he gets mad, so that's good!
Thank you for my sweet note on my blog - I too am SO glad God put us in each other paths - what a blessing you have been to me :-)

Lisa T. said...

Girl! Based on the fact that he becomes calm with the bathroom fan... You must rush to your local library and rent the DVD the Happiest Baby on the Block.

It is a quick watch and might help.

Poor little dude! That takes so much energy to get all mad like that!

Are you still blocked from the forum? How is the new letter and website coming? I still can't believe they blocked you! My my!

Lisa T.